chapter 14

CoralAnne

Do you know that point in your sleep where you're not sure if its reality or a dream? Yeah that was me. Everything that happened completely feels like a dream. I mean how else do you explain it?

I kept hearing voices calling for me but I just feel like I was in a maze. Not just any maze, a room filled with mirrors. With no way out. And at times it had glass shattering around me. Or I got stuck in quick sand and started to sink, but then get out somehow.

But I know some of these voices. I hear my dad, my sister, and him. Why can't I go to him? He is calling me. Even told me that we are supposed to be getting married.

Holy shit I am engaged!!!! I'm getting married!!! I need to wake up. Please let me wake up.

But now it's quiet. To quiet. "Julian!!! Julian please talk to me!" I'm trying to will myself to talk but nothing is happening. Why can't he hear me? I know he's here somewhere. I can feel and smell him. But why can't I see him?

I can't even tell you what day it is. All I know is I can't stand being like this. I need my family. My Julian. I need his arms around me. Holding me. Kissing me.

But like I said I know he's here. Damit Julian find a way. Help me please. I want to come home.

"Child." A voice calls out.

"Who's there? Hello?"
Great now I am going insane.

"What's wrong child? You seem lost?" This voice calls out to me. Yet there is no one around. How can't I not see whose calling me.

"Please, I can't see you. I need to get out of here."

"Sit here my child." The voice calls out again. To be honest if you listen it sounds like a woman talking.

Then out of nowhere a comfortable looking bench appears in a field. A field that looks good for Onyx to play in.

Oh shit Onyx! He needs me.

"Sit my child. Talk to me. Tell me what's wrong." This time a figure appears. And you can tell its a woman. But the face is hidden.

We sit down on the bench and I begin to talk. Not really knowing why I am talking to her.

"I need to get to my family. I just got engaged and somehow I ended up here. I.. I.. remember he was down on his knee and he proposed and I said yes of course. And I remember me telling him I loved him. But somehow I ended up here. And don't get me wrong its beautiful here. But he is where I need to be."

"Mmm. Sounds like you love this man a lot."

"More than my life." I said. And it's true."I would anything to protect and provide for him. I just found him and now I lost him. And I miss him." Tears are slowly falling from my eyes. And to be honest I don't really care. First time right.? I'm sitting with this woman and its like I can be totally open with my emotions.

"What do you think of this place my child? Isn't it beautiful here? Why would you want to leave?"

"Ma'am, it is beautiful here. This would be an amazing place to stay and enjoy. Even for Onyx. But this is not my home. And I would be miserable here. And lonely. And not to mention Julian,  my father, my friends, and my sister would miss me."

"Yes they would but they would move on."

"Move on? No!" I shouted.

And the place where we at somehow changed. Then I heard a voice. A different voice along with banging.

"Come sit child. Let them grieve. They need peace like you do."

"Are you hearing yourself?  This. Is. Not. My. Home."