59

"welcome back who??" you heard an all too familiar voice coming from the living room. the voice got closer and closer, "is she awake? is she really?" she said as she floated towards aether who still stood in the door opening of the bedroom.

he looked over his shoulder and met the dark blue eyes of his floating companion. in a split second she appeared from behind aethers shoulder, her pink crown almost falling from her head.

as her eyes met yours, they widened just like yours. a big smile grew on her face and she rushed towards you in the air.

you smiled as well and got ready for her hug, extending both your arms for the floating girl. she crashed on your chest and gave you a warm hug.

"n/n!" she yelled out in her usual high pitched voice, her tone sounded worrisome as well with a hint of relief. but that was as expected.

she released her head from your chest and tilted her head up, looking directly into your eyes as she floated in front of you, "what was that about?!" she exclaimed again, reffering to the whole fatui situation.

you smiled sheepishly at her and opened your mouth to speak up, "... it was just a..." you said, pausing a while to find the right words. it was not difficult to lie to paimon but you would rather not, but this time it was for the better.

"a misunderstanding." you heard the blonde boy besides you say, he was laying all kinds of medicines on the table next to you. you snapped your head at aether as you didnt expect him to lie for you, but he did.

he smiled while he said that, and paimon seemed to believe it by the way she slowly nodded her head. she continued to speak up, "then why didnt diluc say anything if it was that easy to explain!" she said in an angry tone as she folded her arms in front of her chest.

that name seemed to snap you back to all your senses, you spoke up immediately, "where is he now?" you said while your gaze shifted from paimon to aether.

aether was the first to speak up, "i told him to do the grocery shopping today." he replied simply. paimon added to his statement and spoke up, "yea! he has been doing nothing for days since we came back."

you looked confused, you spoke your mind, "... for days?" you questioned them both, not realizing how long you were out for. to you it seemed simply like five hours at a maximum.

"oh." aether spoke up and turned his gaze at you as he stood straight, "you have been out for two weeks." he said casually, without a single care in the world.

a million thoughts entered your mind, 'they should know by now that i destroyed the gnosis.' 'arent we all in danger now?' 'how am i still alive?'

before you had a chance to even speak up, aether already opened his mouth, "your dominant arm was broken, as well as one of your legs and one of your lower ribs, which is why you were asleep for so long." he said as he folded his arms in front of his chest.

you looked at him with widened eyes, not knowing what to say. aether kept throwing information at you with every second passing and you didnt know how to process it all that fast.

instead, you looked over at your dominant arm, to see if it was okay. strangely enough you didnt notice it immediately when you woke up, but now you saw it.

your dominant arm, which had used the pyro delusion partly before, had a thin black streak twirling around it. it wa the exact same shape and position as the pyro streak that you used on your arm.

you could only come to one conclusion, it was a burn mark. it showed that you were definitely not ready to fully use your pyro delusion. you barely used it in the first place.

"will this be gone?" you asked aether and paimon as you raised your arm to let them see the thin black streak around it.

this time paimon spoke up, she floated upwards and nodded her head vigorously, "mhm!" she started off, her confirmation made you turn your head towards her as you waited for her to say more.

"that streak was huge when diluc first brought you back!" she said in her high pitched voice as she spread both her arms, showing you what huge was.

she inched closer to your arm which you still held mid air, to inspect it. "it already became so much smaller so it will probably be gone soon." she said as she held her chin while observing your arm.

you sighed in relief, you didnt want such a mark on your arm everytime you would use your delusion. suddenly you got another thought in your head and you opened your mouth.

"how much longer untill im fully healed?" you asked the obvious, you wanted to get out of bed and be productive, to help them in return of taking care of you for two whole weeks, you felt slightly bad that they did.

"baizhu said you should be fully healed by now." aether spoke up as he remembered what the baizhu said. you assumed that the man named baizhu was a doctor or some kind.

smiling to yourself, you were ready to get out of bed, but aether spoke up quickly before you had the chance to even move, "but!" he raised his voice as he stretched his arm towards you in a stop motion, since he saw that you tried to get out already.

he retracted his arm slowly and you waited for him to continue, "... do take it easy." he said with a sheepish smile on his face, caring about your health.

the comment made you smile, you nodded your head and spoke up, "i will." you said simply while giving him a genuine closed eyed smile.