23

paimon turned around in a shock and started frantically waving her hands around, "wait wait no!" she explained with slight worry i her voice.

"calm down i was joking." you said while giving her a smile, reassuring her that you didnt mean it.

she visibly relaxed at your words and you all continued to walk, aether walked in front and guided you all towards an elevator.

after boarding the elevator it immediately went up, you all got lifted up higher and higher to the point where you could fully see dragonspine.

the sound of the metallic wires that tilted the elevator up slowly stopped and you were soon met with another floor, paimon was in awe with the view and it showed at the way she kept on rambling about it.

you ignored her talking and got out of the elevator with diluc following behind you, he turned around to aether who also stepped out of the small lift.

"how long will we be staying here?" he asked calmly as he folded his arms in front of his chest, looking down slightly to make eye contact with aether.

aether perked up from the question and looked up at diluc, "just one night." he said simply, you thought he was done expaining untill a certain floating girl overtook the conversation.

"thats right! its just to relax after everything we went through in dragonspine." she said as she floated around, looking over the small wooden fence and admiring the view.

you nodded at what she said and spoke up too, "thats a good decision, so its kind off like a break?" you asked as you turned to your side to face aether, hoping he would say yes

he gave you a closed eyed smile as he nodded, soon his eyes opened again and his expression got slightly serious, "its important we rest now, during the rite of descension we will be continuously busy." he explained while putting his hands on his hips.

you heard diluc sigh behind you, "we need time to verify her identity as well." he breathed out, reffering to you while looking at no one in particular. you turned around and saw him looking at the mountains far in the distance.

the orange ish hue was shining beautifully on his face, framing his features nicely and complimenting his red eyes and hair. that was when you realized he was actually quite good looking.

you didnt realize you were staring untill aethers cough snapped you back to reality. your face immediately heated up and you hoped no one saw that you were staring at him.

you slowly faced aether and he had a smug expression on his face. his eyebrows tilted up and his eyes narrowed at you, lastly he has a fairly big smile on his face, indicating that your staring didnt go unnoticed.

"what is it, aether?" you heard diluc say after his peaceful moment got interrupted by aethers cough. the shorter boy shifted his attention to diluc and spoke up, "we should check in." he said and started moving inside.

diluc and you both followed aethers lead without hesitation, when you arrived inside you saw beautiful paintings on the walls, two stairs descending to a lower part of the floor and another pair of stairs ascending to a higher floor.

meaning you were on the middle floor now, you followed aether who descended and saw paimon talking with a certain lady behind a counter.

she heard the footsteps and immediately spoke up, "oh, there they are!" she said as she pointed at you three on the stairs.

"paimon?" you let out in a question like way as you tilted your head confused to the side, "what are you doing here?" you asked her, you honestly thought she was still outside admiring the view.

paimon turned her full body to fave you all and spoke up, "dont worry n/n, ive already made reservations." she said as she floated in the air with her hands behind her back, her face looked like as if she wanted to get praised.

aether was the first to speak up, "really?" he asked her as he came down from the last step of stairs. diluc seemingly believed her already and also spoke up, "that saved us more time then."

the lady from behind the counter made her way to stand in front of you all rather behind her counter, "im verr goldet, paimon here has made reservations for two rooms." she said as she scanned all your reactions, hoping she didnt say anything wrong.

you spoke up, confirming that paimon was right, "oh so she did actually." you said in slight surprise while raising your eyebrows, not expecting such responsibility from paimon.

"then, please allow me to show you all your rooms." verr goldet retorted as she made her way to another pair of stairs and descending from it.

as you all followed verr goldet, you heard diluc speak up, "wait." he said as he continued to walk, he waited untill he had the attention of aether paimon and you.

all eyes besides verr goldets turned to him, aether opened his mouth, "yes?" he said and showed him that diluc had their attention.

"she said two rooms, didnt she?" the red haired man asked as he safely made his way down from the stairs, now walking behind the woman of wangsu inn who made her way into a big corridor with numerous doors.

you turned to face diluc as he was walking besides you, "yes she did, what about it?" you answered him with yet another question.

"can i sleep with n/n?" you heard the floating girl in front of you say, asking permission from aether since he was the one leading the trip.

aether was quick to allow it, speaking up with a simple "sure." you couldnt help but laugh a bit at paimon, you could say she became a good friend of yours already.

you adjusted the straps of your backpack once more, that was when diluc spoke up, "thats what i meant." he started off as he looked straight ahead. he wanted to continue talking but was interrupted by the woman from the reception.

verr goldet gave aether two keys to two rooms which were next to each other, she bid her farewell and thanked you all for staying at wangshu inn.

diluc continued speaking, going straight to the point, "i will be sharing a room with y/n." he said sternly as he made eye contact with both aether and paimon.