38

the moment that exact thought found its way into your head, was the moment you woke up.

your breaths were short and shallow, slowly becoming longer and calming you down from the dream. you looked around you and saw that diluc was still sound asleep besides you on the couch, he had not moved an inch.

a small smile made its way on your face as you were being glad he was still sleeping, you looked to the wall and spotted the analog clock which read that it was close to seven in the morning.

it was fine to stay awake now, you could await for aether and paimons arrival that way. you stood up from your comfortable position on the couch and walked to your bag that was next to the couch.

crouching down, you opened it silently and carefully in case diluc woke up. you stuffed your hand in it and went all the way to the bottom of your bag.

you felt your electro amulet was still there and sighed relieved, right next to it was your device from snezhnaya.

childe told you to contact him last night with his hand motion, you didnt forget about it and pulled the device out of the bag.

taking one more quick glance at diluc, he was luckily still asleep. just to be safe, you stood straight up and turned your back at diluc, just in case.

turning the device on, you saw the familiar white screen litting up the dimly lit room, mere seconds later you saw the familiar homescreen with one incoming message from childe.

you opened the application that was installed on the device and read the message.

Childe
Was that guy the
one overseeing you?

you facepalmed internally. you thought it was already obvious enough. besides, he shouldnt just go around and acting alll friendly with you when you were litterally undercover in the first place.

shoving the thoughts away, you decided to reply nicely to him since the man can be very dense at times, even if he often outsmarts his enemies.

y/n
yes he is.
please keep that
in mind next time.

you took a deep breath as your back was still turned to diluc, 'that is one problem less.' suddenly you heard a knock on the door, coming completely out of nowhere.

snapping your head to the noise, you instinctively held your device from snezhnaya closer to your chest, hiding it in a way.

you crouched down and stuffed the device back in your backpack, all the way down before you silently made your way to the door of your temporary residence.

now extending your hand to the door handle, you opened it swiftly and waited for the door to fully open to reveal the one knocking on your door at seven in the morning.

the familiar long blonde hair that was braided, the golden eyes that shined through the dimly lit apartment you were in right now, the sight made the corners of your mouth curl upwards.

"aether! youre back!" you stated the obvious, before you had a chance to ask where he had been, you were getting jumped by a certain floating girl.

she lunged at you as you took a step back, stopping right in front of your face with sparkles in her eyes, "n/n! you wont believe this!" she exclaimed happily.

just as she was about to tell you everything that happened while you all were separated, you held your hand up and tried to silence her a bit.

you have her a sheepish smile as you spoke up, "its seven in the morning." you said as you were wondering if she had slept at all.