49

you were standing in front of your own temporary residence again, your small trip to the funeral parlor surely lifted your spirits. the best thing of all is that you managed to obtain a gnosis without much effort.

the gnosis was still in your pocket, safe and sound. you lifted your arm and balled it up, knocking softly on the door in front of you.

diluc was still inside, maybe aether and paimon were too. it was soon time to have dinner as well again, the sun was slowly dissappearing behind the horizon and drifted behind the few clouds that covered the sky.

the orange ish hue from the sunset was complementing the scenery around you, giving it a warm tint as you enoyed the warm rays of sun that landed on your face.

as soon as your fist left the door, your could hear shuffling from behind the door. the door handle moved down from the other side, opening the door from inside.

before the door was opened you noticed the red hair immediately, diluc was opening the door for you. you looked at his features, his eyes seemed half lidded and his expression was exactly like he just worked for the past three hours.

the moment you two locked eyes was the moment a small smile unconsciously made its way to your face.

he had the same subtle reaction, his half lidded eyes opened a little more and the corners of his mouth tilted upwards in the slightest bit, but only for a split second.

"youre back." he said as he looked at you, his hand still gripped on the door handle as he gazed at you.

you nodded at his words, your smile never leaving your face as you opened your mouth, "it took a little longer than expected." you said to him in your usual voice as you recalled the past events.

his eyes softened as he stared and spoke up silently, "i was about to look for you." he said honestly. your mouth slightly parted at his words, not expecting him too care about your disappearance that much.

before you could speak up, you heard an all too familiar feminine voice from behind diluc, "n/n! is that you?" paimon spoke with her all too energetic voice.

hearing her words, you looked past diluc and your eyes met with her dark blue ones, "it is you!" she said and started floating to you while you still stood outside.

"come inside, we have things to discuss." diluc said in his usual stoic tone as he turned his back to the door and took a step back, moving his body to the side and making room for you to pass while holding the door open for you.

his voice was as emotionless as always, but as your eyes met his you saw the smallest smile displayed on his features once again.

it almost was contagious, you wished to see more of his smile. you stepped inside as diluc held the door open for you.

now past diluc, he closed the door as he was still holding the door handle. you heard the clicking sound behind you indicating that the door was closed and heard diluc walk behind you too.

you walked to the dinner table where aether sat down with several pieces of paper scattered around on the table. paimon appeared from your side and spoke up.

"n/n, you wont believe what we all did today!" she started off as you approached aether. you heard paimon talk and turned your head towards her.

with your eyes now locked with hers, you spoke up, "oh? what did you two do?" you asked her as you now stood besides aether, your eyes shifting from paimon to the pieces of paper on the table as you spoke.

aether answered for paimon, "firstly we bought noctilucous jade with zhongli." he said as his gaze was still downwards on the papers, he seemed very focused on them and you wondered what it was too.