21

something grabbed you and you slightly opened your eyes as you felt a hand snake around your waist while the other hand made its way to the back of your head.

the first thing you saw was the familiar red colored hair which slightly blocked your vision now. diluc twisted himself mid air in the fall so he was below you whereas you were above him.

not much later you felt the impact hit, the two of you fell to the ground of the new cave. luckily there was a lot of snow which broke the fall.

diluc landed on his back in the soft snow as you landed with your face on his chest, his arm still around your waist with the other shielding the back of your head.

you could feel his chest rising up and down in a fast motion and felt the warmth of him radiating through his clothes onto your own body.

it comforted you alot since dragonspine was too cold for your liking. you raised your head up from his chest and came face to face with him, his red eyes looking directly into yours.

there was not much emotion in his eyes, as usual. but diluc felt very conflicted, he didnt know if it was wrong or if he should trust you.

his eyes looked beautiful to you, especially in the dim lightning displayed in the cave. it was almost as if they were glowing.

your eyes trailed down to the other features of his face and didnt fail to notice the faintest color in his cheeks. you both didnt say anything and dilucs hands were still around your body.

a few tiny pieces of the transparent floor above you still fell down, resulting in a small gust of wind coming your way, flowing through your hair.

your hair fell slightly on his face and that was when you got snapped back to reality and realized how close you two were. your cheeks started heating up involuntarily and you tried to avoid his eye piercing gaze while looking to the side.

you placed your hands besides his head and sat up, still sitting on top of his stomach. not wasting any time you swayed both your legs to the side and sat besides him rather on top of him.

not daring to make eye contact with him you looked to the side while somewhat maintaining a poker face, you spoke up, "are you okay?" you asked as you felt your cheeks still heat up.

diluc seemed unfazed by what just happened and propped himself up by putting his elbows behind himself. "i am." he simply said as he looked around in the new hollow cave.

the red haired man wanted to speak up more, he wanted to ask if you were okay as well but was interrupted by a certain floating individual, "are you two okay??" she asked out hysterically as she floated at full speed to you two.

you snapped your head to where the voice came from and saw paimon, "were fine, where is aether?" you spoke up and immediately asked as you saw aether wasnt with her, which was unusual since the two were always together.

paimon didnt seem to worry which was a good thing, "he is unlocking the domain right now." she said  shortly after with a smile on her face.

you sighed relieved after hearing that, it meant that aether was doing okay just like the three of you. luckily there were no injuries from that sudden fall.

placing your feet on the ground firmly, you started standing up and dusted the snow of your clothes. "paimon, can you lead us there?" you heard diluc speak up from besides, he was sitting down properly now instead of laying down like earlier.

"paimon sure can!" she said as she gave you two a closed eyed smile. you wanted to help diluc stand up but saw he was already doing it himself, so you started following paimon instead.

diluc trailed close behind you two, you were surprised he didnt mention anything from the fall earlier, most likely since paimon was there.

the cave was way smaller in comparison to all other caves of dragonspine, you soon saw aether with his back facing you standing in front of the domain you saw earlier through the transparent icy floor.

the domain wasnt emitting the usual red light anymore but was now emitting a bright blue light. aether calmly turned around as he heard footsteps approaching him from behind.

he gave you all a small smile and then spoke up, "were done here now." he simply spoke up while putting both his hands on his hips.

the corners of your mouth tilted upwards in a slow motion and you soon found yourself smiling. paimon was quick to speak up, "now onto wangshu inn!"