7. Finding Fustration.

Chapter 7- Finding

"Um, Ava, love. What are you doing?" My mother asked with a look of uncertainty and embarrassment. "Where's this boy? Does he know you are doing this right underneath him?" She continued while pointing to the ceiling.

So she thought he was upstairs and I was down here acting like a slut. Great.

"Um, this is him." I stated while pointing to him. Hunter forced his lips into a polite smile.

I must admit, she looked rather disappointed. With her arms crossed looking accusingly at me.

"What's this then? Dry hump a stranger?" I flinched slightly. I hoped to God my mom, never, ever said that again. That just was not cool...at all.

"No mom! Ew!" I squealed. "No offence, Hunter." I smiled sweetly and patted him on the back.

"None taken." Hunter mumbled. He stopped straddling me and got up with a grunt. He then held out his hand to shake my moms.

"Hi, I'm hunter." He greeted. I was still on the floor, not knowing what to do.

"Hello there, Hunter." She smiled. "Now you two, explain yourselves."

"Well you see mom, I called him a name and he started tickling me, there's nothing going on I promise!" I answered frantically. I knew what she thought, how could she think that?

"She's right, we were just messing about, wrong timing I suppose and this wasn't the first impression I was opting for and I'm sorry about that." Hunter had a look of worry and anxiousness edged onto his face.

He was nervous.

All of a sudden- and I really shouldn't have- I started to feel a giggle make its way up to my mouth.

I don't know why, but it was just the thought of Hunter feeling nervous because of my mother. The thought tickled me.

"What now?" My mother snapped.

"Hunter's nervous!" I spluttered.

"Shut up Ava!" Hunter hissed. His cheeks tinged red and his eyes averted all over the room.

"Seriously mom, he said he was nervous to meet you!" I started giggling again. I just couldn't help it.

My belly was in stitches and my head was thumping.

Now that was proper belly laughing.

"Do you still mind me staying here Mrs kemsley? I feel kind of guilty, I don't like to impose." Hunter played that card. He decided to change the subject, to leer it away from him. Yet I was still cackling it away in the back ground.

"No, no, stay! You seem polite and I've already witnessed a new friendship starting here, aslong as nothing else is going on, especially when me and your father are away all the time." My mom set her warning and accusing eyes onto me. I took a deep breath from laughing and gave her an evil glare.

"Nothing is going on!" I snapped.

"I'll take your word for it." My mother replied. I nodded my head firmly.

Why was she back this early anyway? She wasn't meant to be back until tomorrow.

"Mom? Why are you back so early?" I asked.

"Well, your father got me on an earlier flight, so I thought I'd surprise you." She replied. She made her way to the sofa and plopped down rather dramatically. Her sigh was long and drawn out.

"Mission accomplished mother!" I said sarcastically.

"Oh sassy!" She replied, referring to my attitude.

I sat down next to her and closed my eyes for just a second. Hunter seemed to carefully slither onto the opposite sofa without making much of a sound.

"When's dad coming back?" I suddenly asked.

"In six weeks, love."

I threw my head backwards and groaned. He's hardly ever here, he never has been. He missed my 13th birthday, he's missed my 14th aswell, he's missed shows, he's missed parents evening, he's missed virtually everything, all for his business. I would call him a workaholic, but I think that was an understatement, I think he just didn't care.

"That's just great!" I got up and stomped my way up to my room. Suddenly feeling myself boil over with anger. Why can't I just have a normal father? One who actually acts like one.

I stripped and hopped into the shower. Spending 15 minutes just standing there in a daze. After another 10 minutes I dried myself off and got dressed into my pyjamas.

I hated feeling angry and upset. Instead of going back downstairs, I decided to snuggle up in bed.

Just as I was about to snuggle into the covers, there was a knock on my door.

"Yes?" I mumbled into the pillow.

"It's me." A husky voice called back. I lifted my head up from the pillow and turned my head to look at the door.

"What do you want?" I grumbled. I was in a bad mood.

"Just let me come in, please?" Hunter pleaded. I huffed and sat up in bed.

"Come in." I muttered.

He opened the door and stood at the end of my bed. I patted the spot next to me, motioning him to come and sit down. I didn't like him standing taller than me, especially as the lights were making him look like some kind of hot excorsist.

"I came here to ask you if you were ok." Hunter asked with uncertainty and worry edged in his voice.

"I'm great!" I snapped

He flinched but quickly recovered, guilt washed over me.

"I'm sorry, I'm just abit angry that's all."

"You want to talk about it?" He asked.

"Well, he's never here, like he's always on business, he's missed everything that I've done, it's like he doesn't care and I miss him, not like he misses me anyway, I can clearly see that. But maybe I'm being selfish, I mean, look at you, you haven't got parents because they died and I'm ranting off about my father just being away on business. I haven't been through as much as you, And now I feel selfish and mean but I'm just angry, he never comes to see me." I rambled.

Hunter gave me a look of sadness and there was just a little bit of anger tinted in his emotions, I could see it. But why was he angry? Was it at me?

"You're not selfish and mean, it's perfectly understandable." I sighed.

"I guess so." I mumbled. The room then descended in silence.

"Are you sure your ok?" Hunter blurted, I could see in his eyes he genuinely cared. It made my heart melt and flip at it's own accord.

"I'm fine, really. Thankyou" I whispered.

"Don't say thankyou." Hunter grumbled.

"Why not?"

"Because you've done so much for me. Whatever I do its because I care and because you deserve it, just don't say thank you because I couldn't say thank you enough."

"Um, okay." I smiled and for some reason my heart flipped.

"I'll let you get a good nights sleep." Hunter whispered before getting up slowly and leaning over my body. My heart raced and my body began to shake with anxiousness and excitement.

"Goodnight." I breathed and soon, Hunters lips were on my cheek. I breathed in a sigh of safety and protection.

He smiled and quietly walked out of my room.

I tried to get back to sleep but my mind was racing and so was my heart. I hit the covers with my fist. Why did he have to do that? Make me feel this way and then leave.

After an hour of tossing and turning, there was no way I was getting any sleep, so I made my way downstairs to see if my mom was still awake. It was only half 11 so I suspected she was. On my way to the kitchen, I spotted her watching TV in the living room.

"Hey mom." I greeted while jumping over the sofa and landing next to her.

"Crap, you scared me then." She breathed while putting a hand to her chest.

"Sorry." I muttered sheepishly.

"Why are you awake? Can't sleep?"

"You could say that." I shrugged.

"I'm really sorry about earlier honey, I'm abit frustrated with your father too but he's got to do what he's got to do to keep you happy." My mother explained apologetically. I sighed.

"I know, I just want him here more often, you know?" My mother nodded her head in agreement and understanding.

"You dont actually mind hunter staying here do you?" I asked after a couple of minutes.

"No I don't. I still can't help worrying about him, he seems polite and I do trust him, it's just he's not family or a friend, he's a stranger you found on the streets."

"I found him in our shed, that night I came down in the garden for some fresh air, I went to look in the shed and there I found him, sleeping with only one blanket to his name. I nearly punched him, thinking he was taking our stuff or something. But I could see in his eyes, mom, everything he said to me was true, he looked terrible, he hasn't got a family and he needs us." I explained. Helping hunter meant more to me than it should.

In all honesty, the decision I made that night was risky, he could have been anyone, but I know, I know that what I done was a good thing, because I may act confident, or strong. But I'm not, I felt alone, vulnerable and scared. I need him, like he needs us. For us to care for him like family and for him to keep my safe and protected for my own sanity.

"I know honey, I can't help but feel abit anxious, but I'm trusting him and I trust your decision, I know that when all of us are away, you need someone, I get that. I just hope to god you know what your doing. If he hurts you, or does anything, even talks to you the wrong way, you tell us, don't be afraid to tell us anything. " I could see her eyes tearing up, with a lot of guilt hidden.

"I was scared, I was lonely, but I've got Hunter here with me now, he's told me some of his past, maybe I could get more out of him but that's not what I want. I like the feeling of being protected, mom, when you're all away. I know what I'm doing." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Then you've got to tell Jesse, you know he can become abit protective of you, but I'll talk to him, they'll have to meet sometime too."

Oh god, I wonder what that will encounter. I sighed again.

"Yeah, it will go alright." I hoped. I mentally crossed my fingers, I didn't want Jesse knocking hunters head off.

"It will be fine, now get back up to bed, schools tomorrow and you'll wake Hunter up if he's still sleeping."

"He's not a baby, mom." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes but he needs sleep, he needs to catch up."

"He's had 2 weeks to do that."

"Just go to bed." My mother laughed.

"Night mom." I got up and kissed her cheek.