2. Finding Out.

Chapter 2- Finding Out.

My mouth opened and closed like a gaping fish trying to breath without water. I didn't know what to say or how to express what I was feeling.

Shock, it was pure shock.

I don't think I blinked once, I don't think I did anything, I don't think I even breathed. It was nearly as bad as finding out I was pregnant myself- which by the way wasn't going to happen for a very, very, very long time.

I didn't know what to do and I always knew what to do in situations like these.

But Emilia was my bestfriend, she was the one I grew up with, and finding out such a life changing thing made me speechless.

And I was never speechless.

After a couple of minutes, I knew I had to say something, and before my mind even registered what I was going to say, I shot up from the sofa.

"Pregnant!" I screamed so loud my voice cracked. Kayla put her hands on her ears to try and block out my piercing scream.

"I took a pregnancy test this morning. I can't believe it Ava. What are my parents going to say? I'm seventeen and not ready to look after a child. I can barely look after my self anymore. I don't even know which one is the father!" She cried.

Who in their right minds would rape a defenseless seventeen year old girl and leave her there. Let alone leave her and get her pregnant! I was red with fury. I could literally see red.

"I will help you sort this out, Emmie, you're not alone anymore. I advice that you tell your parents what really happened, it will be hard but they need to know, to keep you and the child safe. Are you keeping the child anyway?" I asked.

This was the main question. I was torn between two answers and I bet she was too.

"I think I will, I can't abort it or let it go, I may have been raped, but it's a part of me and I just don't have the heart. I should tell my parents, I'm just so scared, what if they decide to hate me?" Emilia sniffles. I sit back down on the sofa and take Emilia in my arms. I give her a reassuring squeeze.

"They will never hate you! Your parents are the nicest, sweetest people I have ever known, they'll back you up on this just as much as I will." It's true, Emilia's family was just like my own. Until I came across them, I had never come across anyone as nice as them.

I knew they'd understand, I know they'll love Emilia whatever. And I know for sure they'll love that baby, they were going to be grandparents after all.

"I think you should also tell Kayla. She'd hate to be left out of this. And that baby bump is going to grow and for her to find out she wasn't involved in this would upset her. I know it would me." I stated. Emilia sighed. She knew I was right.

"I will call kayla." Emilia promised. "I'm going to go and tell my parents now while I still have the courage. Maybe we can have a sleepover some other time. Thank you so much Ava. Seriously. I wouldn't know what to do without you." She blabbered as a fresh batch of years formed in her eyes.

My lips trembled slightly and I was positive I was going to cry. But I couldn't do that, I had to stay strong. I always had to stay strong. Please, I can't cry, not now.

"It's fine, I'm here for you, okay?" I gasped out. I tried, I really tried not to cry. I couldn't, I shouldn't. She nodded slowly and faintly.

I watched as she made her way to my front door shutting it with a quiet click behind her.

I let out a dramatic sigh and collapsed on my back. The tears started to pour out of my eyes.

I knew it was dramatic, or stupid even. But I couldn't help it. That girl was like a sister to me, and the worst had happened to her. She was only seventeen, she wasn't old enough for a baby, she wasn't old enough to be a single mom.

Rape was a vile thing for anybody to go through, I couldn't possibly know how she feels. I was mad, angry, furious even. Yet I was upset, sad and broken for her. I put her and Kayla before me, and I felt even more upset for Emilia than I would myself.

I remember when we were little, we'd always tell each other that when we were older we'd want kids, a family. We'd always want this perfect family, with kids and a loving husband. But kayla wasn't going to get that, she couldn't have that because the father of this child is a rapist. She will be a single parent looking after a child with the eyes of her nightmares. The thought made me shudder.

If I was her I couldn't keep it, it just shows how caring and strong she really is. She's such an amazing girl, she didn't need this. But I'd be there for her every step of the way, like she was there for me when jaws my fish died.

Completely different, she was going through worse, but that again wasn't the point.

Before I took a bath I rang my mom to ask her where she had gone, Jesse said she was out but they've been gone all day.

My mom answered after five rings.

"Hey Ava, I forgot to tell you that me and your dad are on a buisness trip." My mother stated through the phone.

So, she forgot to tell me again.

"Oh, uh, right. When will you be back?" I asked. She always did this, I missed my parents terribly. They were never here.

"I'm not sure yet, I'll ring you when I'm coming home, honey." My mother promised. But did I believe her?

Yes, I did. My mother was alot of things, but she was never a liar. I blamed most of my mothers antics on my father. He was the one who was never here and he was the one who took my mother away from me most of the time.

"Okay, bye then. " I snapped rather angrily. I was angry. After all I had to hear today, I just wanted my mommy, or my daddy, but I knew that wasn't going to happen.

My parents were always on business trips. We are quite rich as they work for a big company, my father stays longer on these trips as hes the CEO. They also met in work aswell. The problem is, they never tell me when they're going on these trips, my brother tells me, but he clearly hasn't told me yet. They always forgot about me, not bothering to stop and wonder how I would feel.

I dragged my self to the bathroom and ran the bath, adding some strawberry bubble bath in. I was physically and mentally drained, and my hangover hadn't subsided yet. I couldn't be bothered for anything right now.

"Damn" I sighed.

As I waited for the bath to fill, I texted Emilia.

Hope everything's going well, I'm here for you...

I put my phone back on my bedside table while stripping out of my clothes and getting a towel from the rack.

I hurriedly made my way to the bath as the cold suddenly consumed me. As soon as I got in I could feel my muscles loosening and for the first time all day I could feel my self properly relax.

I couldn't help but re-run the conversation with Emilia in my head. A month and a week ago, that was five weeks, doesn't it take four weeks for the baby to start growing and for you to actually notice? Would that make her pregnancy one week or is she pregnant by somebody else? It wouldn't surprise me.

Somethings just don't add up.

After spending half an hour in the bath, I finally got out and put on a new, fresh pair of pyjamas. I took a quick glance at my alarm clock on my bedside table while walking back into my room. The time is 9.27 pm and I still feel exhausted and drained. Due to the illness of my hangover and having to sort out other things, along with over thinking.

It's still early so I decide to cuddle up in bed watching a film. I put the DVD dear John into my DVD player. I love this film! I then rolled into bed, pulling the comforters right up to my neck.

Half way through the film I began to feel my eye lids getting heavy and the next thing I knew, I had fallen into a deep sleep getting lost in my own dreams.

Every worry had disappeared, just for the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shortest chapter ever I think, sorry about that everyone!

VOTE, COMMENT!!!;)

Tell your friends and family about this if you're enjoying! Would love more readers!!

Ly<3