Chapter 18: Frenemy

Clarey's pov

After finding out that Jackson was the Kanima I went home. I knew that I should've stayed and helped the pack, but I had to adjust first. My brother, my flesh and blood, was a homicidal lizard.

I sat on Jackson's bed, he wasn't here obviously, and I looked around the room in silence. The head of his bed was pressed firmly against the middle of the wall, lacrosse trophies lined the wall opposite to his bed. His room looked so normal, It was strange to think that something so normal belonged to a supernatural creature.

My room was no different of course. It was just mind boggling. Everything was perfectly normal and it just changed so quickly. It was hard to wrap my head around all of these changes. It was definitely going to take some getting used to and I don't know how long I'll be able to handle this.

My thoughts were interrupted when I got a phone call. Quickly pulling out my phone, not bothering to check the caller ID, I answered, "What?"

"Oh hey Stiles it's nice to hear from you. Thanks Clarey that's so sweet." Stiles said, sarcasm spilling from his lips. I chuckled and shook my head at the silly boy.

"Hey Stiles! It's so nice to hear from you!" I say cheerily. I heard him mumble 'That's better' before I continued, "Now what do you want?"

"Well Ms. Snappy Pants, I wanted to know how you were dealing with Jackson being the Kanima but I guess you don't want to talk to me." He remarked. I could just imagine the pouty face he was giving me.

"I'm sorry," I sighed, massaging my temple with my free hand, "I guess the answer to your question would be not so well." I tell him, giving a forced laugh.

"Hey, hey, hey, everything is gonna work out just fine. We're gonna get through this whole mess and I'll be here to help you through it." He told me, making me smile.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"You don't have to thank me." He whispered back to me.

We sat in silence for a few moments, only hearing eachothers shallow breath.

"Want to come to gay club with Scott and I?"

'''''''''''''''

"What do we do now?" I ask, the three of us stood outside of the gay club. Apparently we were here because Jackson, or the Kanima, was here for some odd reason.

"Holy cr -" Scott said, not realizing that we were behind him.

"Wha - sorry, I'm sorry. Did you see where he went?" Stiles asked.

"I lost him." Scott said, shaking his head.

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?" I asked, jumping back into the conversation.

"I don't think he has one." Scott answered. How could he not have a scent? While I was thinking this Stiles spoke up, "All right, any clue where he's going?"

"To kill someone. " Scott replied, glancing at my face for any reaction. I kept my face blank. Jackson, although it wasn't exactly him, has killed before so this shouldn't bother me. Right?

"Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." Stiles said making me and Scott glare at him. "What? Guys, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

"Just help me find it." Scott said, obviously done with Stiles' sarcasm.

"Not 'it.' Jackson." I snapped abruptly, wincing slightly at my harsh tone.