[ 20 ]

With only a few days left before the second semester started, things were starting to quiet down. At least outside. In her home, Jin and Cole were nonstop complaining about having to go back to school. Cole was in even more of a bad mood because their parents were forcing him to go to sleep early again. 

     The mornings were worse than the nighttime. He would get on everyone's nerve for the hell of it. Out of all of them, he and Chance were the worst in the morning. Jeongsoo followed close behind. His morning moods were unpredictable to a point. Lotus had cared enough to deduct that when everyone was talking loudly while he was still groggy or if he didn't get his morning shower first thing, he'd be in a bad mood. Not that she could tell the others because they did what they wanted. They weren't going to quiet down and let him go to the bathroom first. It was every man for himself when they woke up. 

     So after the chaotic morning, it was nice to be away from it in an area where there weren't many people. Even then, she still felt pouty as she stared at her phone for the twentieth time. 

     Her dark eyes stared at the screen, yearning in them. Such clear desperation couldn't be missed, especially by the boy she had gotten closer— platonically— with. 

     "What's wrong with you?" Donald Na asked, finally bringing up the habit of sadly looking at the device she had today. 

     "Maple is hosting a pop-up shop in Apgujeong!" She pursed her lips as she continued, "I want Soo."

     She turned her phone to show him Soo. Unsurprisingly, Soo was a crotched pink and red rabbit with a sleepy embroidered expression. 

     "Do you have the money for that?"

     More importantly, "How often do you buy toys?" 

     Girl has a few too many. Not to mention, it was doubtful that she could even get it. The shop was going to be in Apgujeong after all. 

     "They're not toys." She murmured.

     Yes. Yes, they are.

     "And I haven't gotten one in almost a year!" She exclaimed, "That means I should get a new one and I've been saving up for a time like this!"

     "And it's too cute not to want. It can sit by Carrot!" 

     Can someone get this girl therapy? He didn't have any idea which one was Carrot. In his defence, he was only told Tofu's name. 

     "Then go and get it." He offered a very simple, yet somehow unheard of solution. 

     "My brothers told me they weren't going to take me and my parents won't let me go alone. But, I'm just going to mope about a few days then I'll be over it!" 

     Then the cycle was going to repeat itself the next time something like this happens, but she wasn't going to tell everyone. Especially not this boy. 

     She turned her phone back to herself and spared one last look at the picture of Soo before scrolling to the next post. In an hour, she'd go back to the photo just to pity the lost chance of owning it. For now, she'd enjoy looking at pictures of jewellery and fun miscellaneous stuff from the same small brand! 

     "Damn, that sucks for you," Donald commented. 

     Should she give him acknowledgement with that taunting tone? Uh, yeah, kind of. She gave him a disappointed frown which prompted a snigger from him. 

     "I'll come with you."

     Oh, wait, he was being nice for once. 

     "Really?!" Lotus gasped, excitement seeping from her lips.