016. NAUSEA

I shut the door to the balcony behind me. I stood up, gripping what I thought was a table next to me. I didn't know what floor I was on, and I was so drunk my brain felt like mush floating around in my skull.

My vision was blurry, and I felt terrible. The alcohol was finally kicking in to it's worst part: and now I would have to rue.

I forced my way through door after door, taking my sweet time on the stairwell because I had enough competence to know that if I fell, that would be the end of me. My vision starts going in and out, and I feel myself start to black out. I stop when I see a corridor that looks vaguely familiar.

I stagger off the stairs and walk over to a door. But I feel my brain shutting down as I take every step.

I don't make it to the door before I've blacked out.

___

GRAYSON'S POV

I've just finished swimming and the heat of the House envelopes me as I wrap the towel over my shoulders. I'm dripping wet, leaving a trail of water throughout the house because of the rain and the swimming pool water.

I make my way up to the 4th floor— my floor, and I freeze when I see a girl passed out on the floor of the hallway, leaning against my door.

I groan. Leah Adler had a bad habit of turning up wherever I went. It's kind of incredible, honestly.

I walk slowly to the door, hoping I don't wake her up. Her legs are sprawled out in front of her, and she's leaning with her back propped up towards the corner of the door. Her head is tilted and resting on the side of the wall.

I shake my head. This is what happens when you get involved in Jameson's drinking.

"Leah," I say, my voice just above a whisper.She doesn't move.I lift my leg and poke her shoulder with my foot. "I need to get into my room."

She rustles a bit, and then slowly opens her eyes and stares straight ahead at my legs. I breathe out in relief, thinking I've woken her. Her eyes meet my knees, and her eyebrows furrow as she slowly leans forward with a deep scowl on her face. She lifts a hand and pokes my knee with her finger, almost as if she's never seen a knee before. She drops her hand, closes her eyes, and falls back asleep against the door. Great.

I toss away the towel, realizing I'm going to have to carry her. I lift her by the armpits, and she groans.

"Okay," I say, dragging her up to her feet, "time to get up."

She remains firmly planted on the ground. I try picking her up again.

"C'mon Leah," I say, "up!"

I finally get her up, and she wakes up somewhat.

"Where am I?"

I'm actually smile at her. I actually smile at Leah Adler. She's almost cute when she's drunk and out of her mind. "You're in Hawthorne House."

"And who..." she trails off, but tries again, "who are you?"

"I'm Grayson."

She smiles as she opens her eyes a bit. "Hello, Grayson!" She chirps.

My smile is replaced by a wider one as I push open the door and lay her on the bed.

"I'm going to shower," I tell her, "don't come in the bathroom."

She nods. "Please. I wouldn't want to see you naked under any circumstances."

I scowl at her.