The Mouse King's Visit

(POV:Reader)

-"Shh, I'll put the nutcracker back where he belongs" she began to leave the room, taking the nutcracker along with her.

-"I don't want you playing when you should be sleeping...and no fairy stories today"

-"Come along, uncle Drosselmeyer, it's time for tea" she left the room.

-"I will keep an eye on him for you" he whispered, patting my head softly before leaving, closing the door quietly.

-"Christian, I'm worried about Y/n" I could hear mother's mumbling through the door.

-"No, no, Ingrid, she'll be fine" uncle Drosselmeyer assured her and they left.

-"I don't want to go to bed, I'm not even tired" I told Pavlova, who was scaring birds that were outside the window.

-Hours and Hours Later-

(POV:Reader)

I woke up from the sound of Pavlova's meowing, she scurried to hide under the blanket. I looked up and saw the Mouse King holding the block I had thrown at him.

-"Your weapon, I believe" he dropped it on the nightstand.

-"Ummm...thank you?"

-"Thank you for nothing!" he yelled at me and held his tail.

-"Look, look at this!" he pointed at it.

-"But-but I didn't mean to set fire to you-you were going to hurt nutcracker"

-"Hurt him? Hurt him? I WAS GONNA TURN HIM INTO LINDEN ASHES!"

-"Well-well you're cruel and mean!" I huffed in annoyance.

-"You're flattery won't stop me, you're nutcracker won't be more than a pile of sawdust by the time I'm through with him" he began to turn around to leave.

-"Wait! Please don't hurt him!"

-"I-Uhh...here take my chocolate!" I opened the drawer and took off the chocolate box lid.

-"They're yummy" I assured as he looked at me suspiciously.

He hopped in, bending down to pick up a chocolate, I slammed the drawer close. Accidentally crushing his tail in the process. I picked up Pavlova and rushed out of the room, almost falling down the stairs as I ran down.

-"Oh nutcracker! You're in danger!" I opened the cabinet and grabbed him rushing to the door, but I was stopped.

(A/N):

I'm super happy Christmas Eve is tomorrow!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Bye!