Chapter 26

Two months later

"So now that this semester is over. I hope you guys have a great summer and if you want, come back for another course with me." The professor said making the classroom laugh.

"Have a great summer everyone." Just as on cue, the bell rung dismissing us.

I grabbed my bag getting up to leave. I was so relieved as the sun kissed my skin because that was my last class out of my whole schedule and I was beyond ready to get out of New York and go back to Florida and see my mom.

We're supposed to be leaving in the morning to get on the road so that means everything that we need I would have to get tonight before it we left.

Going back to the dorm I opened the door to find Kyren and Brooke sitting on the couch playing around. I smiled walking over and picked up my baby giving him a kiss.

"Hey baby. Mommy missed you." I kissed his cheeks and passed him back to Brooke. I was thankful that her classes ended earlier than mine because she was able to watch Kyren for me since I didn't have a babysitter.

"Did you get everything you need before we head out?"

"No I was actually going out tonight to get the food and drinks." I took off my jacket.

"No need, I already covered it. I got all that stuff while you were in class."

I gave her a surprise look walking to the kitchen to find all the stuff there and ready for tomorrow.

"How did you find the time to do that and watch Kyren?"

"Listen boo Im a Dominican. I can do everything honey just know that." She smirked.

"Well thank you. I guess that have us set to be ready to leave in the morning."

"No problem besides I like going out with the baby. Everybody thinks he's my son for some reason."

"Oh yeah and what do you say?"

"Thank you and keep it pushing."

I laughed shaking my head. Of course she would only say thank you and leave.

"Well here you go." She handed the baby off to me. "Im gonna go finish packing and go to sleep early tonight."

I looks at the oven clock. It read 5:43.

"Its only like a quarter to six."

"I know but you're not the one who's going to be driving I am."

I nodded my head understanding where she was coming from.

"True. Well go get some sleep. I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay. Goodnight my loves." She blew us a kiss.

"Goodnight." I turned back to Kyren to see he was about ready to fall asleep.

"Well I guess it's just me, myself, and I." I said aloud as I picked up the remote to start watching t.v.

*******************************************************************

"Oh my goodness I can't believe we're in South Carolina already." Brooke said as she drove with the window down.

"Thank God for GPS. No telling how long we would have to go if I had to read you directions."

"Right knowing your confusing ass." She playfully rolled her eyes and smirked.

"Shut up and drive." I threw a chips bag wrapper at her.

It was going on twelve o'clock and we still had a while to go. We left around seven this morning and our minds was set on making a straight route to Florida and that was it. No stops or anything. Well those were her words of course.