Chapter 28

Samantha

"Samantha!" I stirred lightly at the soft sound of my voice being called out.

"Wakey wakey Samantha darling!"

"You guys, just let her sleep. It looks like she had a long night..."

"Yeah, a long night getting fuc-"

"Niall James Horan, watch your mouth there is a child present!" I heard someone giggle and I rolled onto my stomach, throwing my pillow over my head. They were being way too loud for this early in the morning.

"Mummy, wake up!"

I groaned and slowly started to open my eyes. The bed felt cold without Harry, where was he? And why were all of the guys here so early? In the last nine months I'd gotten really close to these four boys that I now consider brothers. They're funny, sweet, and they absolutely adore Catherine. Every day since I've gone back to school at Imperial College and gotten a job part time at Rimmel fashion, at least two of the boys, plus Harry, have been watching Catherine. They've all been such a tremendous help to me, I can always leave knowing that she's in good hands and will be taken care of.

I threw my pillow at one of the boys as hard as I can and whoever it hit chuckled.

"C'mon Sam it's time to get up!" Oh, so it was Zayn I hit.

"Go take that ball of sunshine attitude and stick it up your arse Malik." I grumbled into the bed. I heard Catherine gasp and I immediately facepalmed.

"Mummy, you say naughty word! I tell Daddy dat Mummy say a no-no. " I heard the other boys snicker and I rolled over in bed and groaned. They knew that Harry was quite a stickler for people swearing in front of Catherine. God, he was such a dad.

Grateful that I had gotten cold during the night and thrown on a tee shirt of Harry's, I sat up, letting the covers fall to my waist.

"No, no, no, no, Catherine, Sweetie, promise Mummy you won't tell Daddy about this, please? " I shot the boys a warning glance as I heard Niall stifle a laugh. Catherine put a finger to her chin and concentrated really hard as she thought about it. I rolled my eyes, she was such a little minx. "How about I give you a dollar to keep this our little secret, hm?"

"Okey Mummy!" She said jumping up and wrapping her arms around me tightly. I laughed and gave the boys a triumphant smile declaring that their little plan to get me in trouble didn't work.

"I know my daughter, boys, she's just like Harry, a devious little one!" I buzzed my lips against her cheek giving her a raspberry and she squealed and twisted around trying to get out of my grip.

"No, Mummy, NO! EWWW!!" I giggled as she wiped frantically at the place I'd given her a big slobbery raspberry before planting a big wet kiss against my cheek.

"B-but Caty, I thought we had something special!" Niall pouted, jutting out his bottom lip and pretending to wipe away fake tears. Besides Louis, Niall was by far the closest to Catherine. They got on right away and they've been inseparable ever since. Catherine's smile widened as she jumped into Niall's arms and he rocked her like a baby, kissing all over her little face.

"I knew you still loved me best!" He called out and she giggled placing her little hands on his face.

"Cafwine love Uncle Ni!" She boasted and he ran out of the room with her thrown over his shoulder. I just sat there shaking my head.

"So, Harry and Louis went out for a bit, don't know where, but they'll be out for the morning so we were thinking maybe the five of us could do something together!" Liam exclaimed as Zayn jumped on to the bed beside me. My smile faltered slightly but I quickly tried to cover it up. What could we possibly do out in public without being hounded by paps and fans? Lately we had been extra careful going out to make sure that we weren't spotted, and we limited trips to only necessities, like grocery shopping and occasional trips to the park. Simon had been keeping his promise to keep us out of the paper as best he could, but we had to do our part as well. It made me sad to realize that this was going to be our life now, Catherine was going to grow up dodging paps and having every personal aspect of her and her parents' lives written about in tabloids. I hated that she couldn't have a normal life, and I knew Harry did too... I just wish he'd stop blaming himself for it. I was the one that made the conscious choice to tell him again. I was the one that did this to her.