Chapter 24

Harry

THREE WEEKS LATER

"Harry! Wake up, Boo! We're hereeeee!" I heard Louis's sing song voice call in my ear. I grunted and turned away. I was definitely not a morning person.

"Louis!" I groaned trying to swat his arm away from my face.

"Harry! It's time to get up!"

"ughmf!" I grunted as I opened my eyes to the bright light shining through the car window. We had been in Glasgow for what a little over three weeks and we were finally on our way back to London. I looked around, trying to gain a sense of where I was, and I almost jumped out of my seat as I took in the sight of the familiar surroundings. The gray skies, the beautiful autumn leaves covering the street like a blanket, and the large gated flat building on the corner of the street. Wait. My heart pounded in my chest as our car pulled into the underground lot of my complex. I practically leapt out of the still moving car as I saw my two beautiful girls run out of the lobby door. I couldn't get out of the car fast enough. I heard the other boys laughing at me as I got stuck in my seat belt and began violently shaking the door until I realized it was locked. I quickly unlocked the door and jumped out of the car in lightning speed.

"DADDY!" Catherine squealed as I wrapped her in my strong arms, spinning in circles as I kissed all over her small features. She looked so adorable in her white shirt with red polka dots, red skirt, and white tights. Sam had pulled back her bouncing curls into a French braid that ran down to her tiny shoulders. Little wisps of unruly curls were sticking out here and there and I twisted one in my fingers as I stroked her hair.

"I thought yew went bye-bye daddy." She nuzzled her face into my neck and I felt my own tears roll off my jaw.

"No baby, I'm here. No matter how many times I leave I'm always going to come back to you, both of you." I turned with teary eyes to Sam who was wiping at her mascara stained cheeks with the back of her hand. I set Catherine down as I ran to Sam and engulfed her in my warm embrace.

"I love you so much." I heard her mumble into my shirt as she stained it with her tears.

"I love you too, Baby. I missed you so terribly much."

I dipped my fingers under her chin raising it up so that she was looking into my eyes. I took the opportunity to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear, trailing my fingers down her neck and across her exposed collarbone. I felt her skin erupt into goose bumps in the wake of my fingers and I smirked, loving what I could do to her with just a single touch. I leaned in so my lips were pressed to her ear.

"Excited to see me, Love?" I lightly tugged at her earlobe with my teeth and I heard a whimper escape her lips. God, it had been too long! I pulled away and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips, and just like always, it took my breath away.

"Mumma! Daddy!" I heard Catherine whining from the ground. Sam smiled into the kiss before pulling away.

"Hey, I missed your Dad too, Love bug!" She tapped Catherine on the nose as she giggled, grabbing my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

After saying our goodbyes to the other lads and grabbing my bags, we made our way into the familiar lobby. I took Sam's hand in my own as we waited for the lift.

"I didn't expect for you two to be here, Babe. What happened to tying up loose ends in Cheshire?" I asked, pressing a kiss to the back of her hand as we stepped inside the now waiting lift.

Sam grinned, helping me with my bags as we all got inside. "All of the loose ends have been tied up!" I could see the excitement cross her features as she squeezed my hand. "My lease was up at the end of this month, and my landlord knew I was desperate to move out as soon as possible, so in exchange for my security deposit as my last months rent, he let me off of the lease a bit earlier than usually allowed! Mum and Gem also were lifesavers, they helped us pack up the flat and move everything over here yesterday. Oh, and I gave in my two weeks notice at the Daycare when we got back to Cheshire, Karen was sad to see us go but she knew it was for the best. I've been actually doing some research online, and- I uh," Sam began to blush as she toyed with her fingers, "I was thinking about taking some online courses at Imperial College to maybe start working towards my nursing degree." She trailed off quietly with a hesitant smile, and I immediately wrapped her up in my arms.