26. Blood Petals

"Wha-- wait... Did you just... What did you just sa---" 

Jungkook stuttered, keeping his eyes on Taehyung, but his whole body shivered because of the words he just heard. Taehyung can do a lot of things to him but shaking his heart wasn't that much of a good thing he ever imagined. The alpha felt vulnerable. What if he loses this? What if it's just a hallucination of his ears? What if Taehyung didn't say that? But every doubtful fear inside him vanished as soon as the hands circled his neck, comfortably adjusting the delicate body in his arms, and breathing in all his scents. Having Taehyung in his arms, embracing him like the most precious thing he got, Jungkook felt he never needed anything as passionate as this before. 

"I said, I missed you, Jungkook..." 

It's not the first time Taehyung realized that. Maybe, even if their mate bond has a contribution in this, still the omega feels that it's not his wolf, it's not the destined or whatever part of him, it's him who was craving for his mate. Jungkook was nothing but a stranger to him. They never had a nice conversation that goes more than ten minutes, they never talk about their cravings and wants. Most of the day, Jungkook stays in the office and Taehyung walks around the pack. In between that time too, he didn't really want his alpha next to him. Maybe it's because they both had that insight that they're close, or maybe not far. 

This time, things are different. While entering his room or walking with the culmination that Jungkook isn't around, Taehyung felt a need to be careful. His instincts told him to stay alert and don't ignore any small hints. It was like he was again on the battlefield, without armor this time. He struggled to recall his technique of survival and that's when Taehyung realized he had dangerously trusted Jungkook as his shield in Crimson Asterin. Ironically, it didn't make him weaker but he felt more powerful. 

Now when Taehyung let all those worries fly and fall into Jungkook's arms, he didn't think twice. The feeling of being caged oddly felt paradise to him, the pine forest scent so pacifying, and his hold around the alpha became lazy because he knew, even if he felt weak, Jungkook would hold him. As they stood there like the molded stars of the vast universe, they both forgot all the burdens that were hurting their shoulders- all the boundaries that they made for nothing. 

Taehyung wanted to say a lot of things but he went silent. Jungkook too wanted to unleash his inner words to the omega, nevertheless, he kept his mum too. Holding Taehyung in his arms, Jungkook pressed his lips softly yet hesitantly on Taehyung's forehead. He felt tingles all over his body, butterflies exploding in his stomach by that mere touch. He lurks behind the soft fluffy hair of his mate while his heart feels calm. With his eyes closed and lips trembling and fearing what to say about the moment he was in, Jungkook stayed there. He wanted to let Taehyung know what he was feeling while he pressed a kiss on his forehead, and caressed his smooth hair. He wanted to give all the praises of the world to his mate and with that thought lingering on his head, the alpha led them both to the chamber. 

Lazy feet moved towards the bed but when Taehyung tilted his head, Jungkook's eyes fluttered open. Was he doing the wrong thing? Will he have to stop this and will he ever get a chance to hold Taehyung again? Worries filled his peanut brain nevertheless Taehyung took the lead this time, surprisingly for the alpha, uttering nothing but his wild heartbeat and breathing did the talk. The sudden heat filled the void that was haunting the mates all these days, and when Jungkook stumbled upon his feet and fell to the bed, the omega felt the hold around him get stronger and he felt tingles with the way Jungkook snuggled closer to his neck. Taehyung gripped the thin robe of alpha and as they landed on the bed, he didn't waste a second to flip them only to hover Jungkook. He was surprised that with his grip and powerful moves, the alpha didn't growl at him yet, not even flinched. And when he looked down at the man, Jeon Jungkook dared to smirk at him. Wrong move.