25. Truth Game

Silence. 

He heard nothing but pure silence. V wasn't someone who runs away from any topic. The omega wolf is never scared of anything or anyone. He's the one who leads Taehyung through thick and thin, in the middle of darkness and doubts. Taehyung was grateful to have V as his wolf. But today, he feels different. Especially when he didn't get the desired answer from his best friend. He knows there is an inescapable despise there between the alpha and his omega wolf. Taehyung understands his wolf. He can't blame them, or anyone in this, cause they both have their own reasons. And for his wolf, when the wait was finally over, and the omega thought he could finally have the warmth of his mate, the alpha only gave him hate. The passion of despise in Jungkook's heart made his wolf hate the other back.  

"No... I don't... " 

As expected, Taehyung got his answer. But he waits,  avoiding the pang in his chest as soon as he hears the answer. It was somehow what he thought his wolf would reply, but was it wrong if he said he didn't want to hear those obvious words? Taehyung took several deep breaths and waited for his omega wolf to explain. 

"I couldn't feel him when he's around. I don't know how he feels when he's next to me. If I don't know what his presence feels like then how am I gonna miss him in his absence?" 

It took Taehyung a moment of courage to listen to that voice again. He had an urge to suddenly shut everything that revolved around him, just because his wolf sounded wise. But what if he didn't want to think with the mind but with heart? Taehyung shuddered. He didn't find words to answer his wolf, so he just kept his mum, silently letting V know that neither he disagrees with what the omega wolf said nor he's ready to accept the truth yet. He doesn't know whose fault it was that things were destined like that to them. Sure, Taehyung wasn't waiting for his mate to come and was living a decent life without his alpha on his side. But it's also true that the craving was there. Every night when he looks up at the sky, he used to find his lonely self making wishes to the broken meteors to keep his mate safe wherever he's, in whatever situation he's in. It was an instinct. An act of affection or a ray of hope that made the omega prince let his mind wander in his secrecy and think about his mate. The thing Taehyung realized, he was only craving for his alpha in his solitude. He didn't wish to have a mate when he's at the top of victory or engrossed in a battle. Taehyung never really wanted a companion to share his pain because he believed he was made to walk past it. He was brave back then, that's until he got to know how strong the hold of Jungkook was around him. That's until he realized even if he's unstoppable, in his alpha's hold, Taehyung will feel tiny. It's not a bad thing. The mistake was there when he started believing that Jungkook will be there; even after knowing what's going on between them. 

"The night is beautiful..." 

Taehyung hates how that smooth deep voice can give shivers to him. He hates how he relaxed on those arms that just caged him from behind, forgetting that he was a beautiful mess just minutes ago. He hates how Jungkook can easily do things to him and still can leave him alone all to himself on a cold night like this. Does the alpha even know what these little gestures are doing to Taehyung? The said omega tries his best to not give in to the warmth of Jungkook completely and lose himself. But it only backfired when Jungkook tightened the hold, placed a finger under his chin to make him look at him, and nuzzled on the crook of his neck. Taehyung felt his breath getting caught. Why was Jungkook doing all of this? 

"Missed my cub all day. Wanted to run towards you and hold you so bad..." 

The omega visibly quivered, hiding his rosy cheeks under the darkness of the night, and stood stunned in the arms of Jungkook. Because what in the hell has he just heard? Has Jungkook missed him? And he just called Taehyung what? Cub? His cub? Taehyung felt like laughing at those hilarious words. He wanted to let out a humorless chuckle but that would be disowning the true feelings of Jungkook, so he just stayed silent. Because he could distinguish when his mate says the truth and when he lies. And this time, Jungkook was being damn honest.