22. Into the deep

"Wait. Where are we going?"

The prince asked, making the alpha king press his lips tight to not answer. The whining started when Jungkook covered Taehyung's eyes and lead him somewhere. The only reply Taehyung got was you will see. Without saying anything further, the two walked. It was a nice evening to relish, and they both were drowned in the warmth of each other. It was when Jungkook paused to retract his hold from Taehyung, they stopped walking. The prince was about to sulk because of the loss of warmth that lead him all the time. But then Jungkook held his fingers softly, linking them together as if he was afraid to touch his mate. Taehyung glanced at the alpha then let his eyes wander around.

The lake was covered with an orange hue that was slicing the green leaves of the woods, reaching to the water. They were at Jungkook's safe place. Keeping a wide smile on his face, the alpha walked forward and sat on a wooden trunk with Taehyung on his side. A part of his heart was dizzy. He never showed his possessions to anyone. The first time when he did that, showed his favorite place to his mate, Jungkook felt the moment was unreal. He couldn't believe that it was him who lead Taehyung. Are they that close now? Jungkook was zoned out for a moment and came back to consciousness when Taehyung tapped his shoulder. The confused almond eyes were on him, demanding like always.

"What made you think that our friendship should start from your safe place?"

The omega prince asked, making a dizzy Jungkook tenser. He had a smile on his face which made the alpha raise an eyebrow at him in a puzzled way. Taehyung knows. Jungkook should really accept the fact that his omega mate knows everything that revolves around him.

"How do you know this is my..."

"Your way of escapes is easy to guess. Sometimes running to the woods, other times sitting in silence."

Jungkook shook his head, tried not to bite his nails because of how correct his mate answered. Taehyung is a keen observer. He loves to explore new and learn things from the old. The omega prince studies everything silently before making a move. His tactic was simple. Stay and listen. But most people don't have the patience Taehyung has when it comes to listening to others.

Jungkook sat there, gaze dropping to the water in front of them, calm and beautiful. Even if it's chaos, the alpha will say that this place brings him peace. The woods-covered lake looks like himself. The quiet water was deep down bearing an ocean. Not everyone can witness that. The ones who don't have any fear to drown can only go deep inside them- both the lake and Jungkook. The alpha took a deep breath before answering his mate's question.

"I choose this place so that you can trust me...

It's my escape. My safe place. The woods have their stories but they don't share. They just stand here... And listen... Not that I talk to some trees and all... It's just... I love spending time here. And I want you to trust me that you're the only one to whom I showed this place."

Jungkook paused to read the expression of Taehyung. He knows his mate is an understanding man. Taehyung will never judge him, no matter how cruel he behaves, the omega understands two sides of the story easily. Jungkook looked away, reminding himself that its okay to open up to his mate.

"I know my intentions were wrong before. I was trying to plan my mission. But this time, I'm being honest here. I want you to trust me..."

It was not a hard thing to trust his alpha. Taehyung was not stupid. He knew what Jungkook's intention was and even after that, he did not stop himself from reaching out to the alpha and getting to know him. He was ready to face the consequences of choosing Jungkook.

Taehyung was always a fan of mystery. He wanted to unfold Jungkook's stories before anyone else and only for him. He will never admit that out loud but sure Crimson Asterin was feeling safe to him. He talked about his life to his brother and Hoseok. They both were on his side and wanted Taehyung to be happy wherever he was. With a sweet smile on his lips, Taehyung glanced at the anxious Jungkook. He wanted to pinch those tensed cheeks and little pout. He wanted to brush his shoulder with his alpha, tell him that he's there, and will be. Taehyung doesn't know why his heartbeats were erratic whenever the thought of staying next to Jungkook surpasses his head. At the same time, he felt shivers wrapping around him, and knees weakening at the thought of leaving the alpha. Leading his fingers to caress soothing circles on Jungkook's hand, Taehyung replied.

"It's okay to stay here until you find your truce, Jungkook...

And about trust... At least we're not rivals anymore..."

If words can heal, Jungkook felt it's the whispers of Taehyung in his deep voice is the only one that can make a difference in his disturbed heart. The soothing phrases were what Jungkook needed at that time. He held his breath in his hands and chanted the words of his mate.
They're not rivals anymore. Does that mean that Taehyung doesn't hate him anymore? Does that mean they are friends?

"No. We're not friends. Not for now."

The omega prince completed with a sly smirk. Jungkook scratched his neck before nodding in agreement. It sure will take time, but they will wait. Mornings will break apart and perfect dusk will fade away, but the trust they will build will stay forever. With time, the mates will find their way to stay close.

Jungkook nodded with a smile. The little hope was enough for his heart to stay calm. He averted his glance from the woods to study Taehyung's face up close. The gaze landed on the cute mole on his nose. Jungkook wanted to boop their nose, feel the freckles on him too. His gaze made the omega's cheeks look like a rose gold flower. Hiding his gaze, they stayed for a moment like that, without disturbing the tranquility of the woods and their minds.

"So... What makes you happy?"

Taehyung was the one who decided to break the silence between them. The bittersweet truth is gonna make him regret it later but he wanted that now. He wanted to know as much as Jungkook wanted to know him. The omega prince studied the expression of his alpha. He didn't miss the way Jungkook's breath hitched and body stiffened.

Happiness. Jungkook was in a run. To fight and win, to survive before anyone else.  He was in a run that once he paused to breathe, the realization hit him that somewhere he lost himself. No one came to his life to talk about happiness. Why there was none to show him what it feels to smile and laugh? Jungkook stopped breathing and glanced at the woods, then at his mate.

The long eyes hide a freckle too. But it wasn't easy to read those almond orbs. Jungkook did try a lot of times but failed awfully. The pink lips kept a soft smile which the alpha felt blessed to see. He led Taehyung's hands to cup his cheeks, spreading the warmth to his soul and sinking in the affectionate gesture. He knows Taehyung needed an answer. Fetching words from inside of his head, the alpha replied in a soft tone.

"You.

You make me happy..."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Alpha Jungkook, are you serious?

Thoughts?

~AnecdotesOfABroken