19. Warm Welcomes

The head alpha stiffens. He stares at the man in front of him, flawless, almost like the piece of the moon. He was not someone unknown to him. Jungkook can say the man's eyes are demanding answers even if he didn't say that out loud. The scent that was wavering in the throne room was coercing. He wasn't surprised though. His mate is indeed a feisty one and it would be a lie if he said that he was afraid to send Yoongi alone to check the omega. Even without his weapons, Kim Taehyung has glares that are enough to make anyone kneel to him. So, Yoongi wouldn't be a big deal for the omega. Now that they're here and his assistants are looking at him with a bewildered expression, Jungkook instructed them to leave the room. Bowing to the head alpha, the others left, giving all privacy to the mates.

"Well, this is how Crimson Asterin's welcome looks like. Glad you liked it, my prince."

It was a small chuckle that brought him back to reality after uttering the words. The omega passed a smile to him. If they're in any other situations or just mere strangers, Jungkook would tell the world that Taehyung has the most beautiful smile. But yeah, let's forget that. He tilted his head, cocking an eyebrow at the omega who walked towards him slowly and elegantly and stood in front of him. A voice in him wanted to pull the male and make him beg for his dear life, but all he could do was look into the almond orbs that were searching in his soul.

"Yeah, I liked it very much. But I can't believe that you were that desperate to see me. Missed me that much, hmm? That you send your head warrior to kidnap me?"

The omega said, wriggling his eyebrows with that smile staying on his lips. Jungkook wanted to scream at the allegation. He didn't miss anyone. Why he did that was unknown to himself too. It was an instinct. When he heard that Del Royale is under attack, all Jungkook could think was what he could do to reach out to his mate. If that needs a reason, he doesn't know. He thought it would be better to live annoyed than live dead.

The omega's smirk doesn't help him to calm his anger building up. Gritting his teeth, Jungkook glared at the male when Taehyung stepped forward, sat on the armrest of the throne, and leaned forward. In his peripheral vision, he got a sight of how the alpha stiffened, breath getting caught and averting his gaze from him. They were close. So close that they both can feel each other's heartbeat. With Taehyung leaning his weight on his alpha, Jungkook itching to hold the other by his waist and pull him to his lap, they sat silently. Their gaze meets and desires bloom again. The truth is, they can't run away from reality- the ones they're will always remind them with each breath they take.

"Tell me you missed me..."

Taehyung whispered in the alpha's ears. His deep velvety voice was hitting Jungkook's every nerve. He gulped. For a second, his mind wandered to the days away from the sight of the omega. Suffering days, lonely nights, cold bed, and lost soul. He was in his home but missed what makes the walls the home it is. He missed his family. But Taehyung doesn't need to know that. However, the next word his mate uttered shook him to the core of his heart.

"Tell me you missed me... 'Cause I missed you..."

The almond eyes weren't angry. It was soft and relaxed. Maybe because of his pheromones that weren't dominating for the omega. Their aura calmed down as Jungkook's hand went to find their home around Taehyung's waist and the omega placed his arms around his neck. His breath touching on the alpha's cheeks and heartbeats were wilding. Jungkook moved a little on the seat and scooped Taehyung in his hands to make him sit next to him. The eyes of the omega were widened at the gesture, breath hitching at the proximity. The alpha didn't think of anything at that moment when he did that. All he could focus on was how his mate was fixing himself in his arms rather relaxing as their holds stayed strong there.