18. Lost Paths

"Whatever happens, Taehyung-ah... Hyung will be here to take care of you. But remember, you have to depend on yourself more than anyone. In the end, you have only you." 

The words chimed inside his head. The stern yet comforting voice of his brother always led him to the right way. Namjoon always stayed with him, reminding him that it's okay to lean on, to rest a little, and then try your best. Whenever Taehyung gets tired, he rests his head on his brother's shoulder, so does Namjoon. They were each other's comfort zones. He was grateful that his brother taught him how to fight, how to stay strong, and how to depend on himself. Namjoon is the best brother. 

When Taehyung opened his eyes, he spotted nothing but darkness. Blinking twice he scanned the place where he was. The throbbing pain on his head made everything worse for him.

The omega figured out that the room is indeed dark as if it's built that way- black and cold. The omega quivered for a moment at the thought that it's just him there. He missed his brother, Hoseok, and a lot of things that were away from him at that moment. His free hands covered the wounded and swollen face, brain tried to recall where he lost the strings of the last moment in his packhouse. But then he realized.

He was not tied up.

He was free. His hands were not tied, his mouth wasn't covered. He was laying on the bed which looks like a decent one even if the mattress was as hard as a rock, but still, in his blur vision, Taehyung realizes that he's in a neat room, all to himself and free to walk around and lie down. Weird. 

Moving the blanket over him, he sat down with a puzzled head. This is not the way his enemies would treat him. This is not right. Something was itching inside of Taehyung and he had an urge to throw up at the thought of his enemies treating him like the prince he's. That would be the last thing he wanted from his rivals. Neither he was expecting that, nor he wanted that.

Taehyung stood up from the bed, stumbling to find a way in that dark and bumping to the foot of the bed. He couldn't even get a second to sort out his thoughts when the door opened abruptly. 

The bright light from outside entered through the opened door which made Taehyung close his eyes shut. He stiffened at the position when a stranger walked inside. The man looked pale but strong. The sword in his arms and the emblem on his armor showed he's a warrior- a high-rank one. Taehyung took a moment to register the thought and maintained his stern posture. The pheromones don't dominate him. It was mild and tolerable. As the man stood in front of him, eyes straight and lips tightly pressed, Taehyung stared at him flabbergast. The scent is closer now. And it reminds him of only one man. And he can't be wrong in that case. 

"You're awake. Stay he---" 

"Take me to your alpha. " 

Taehyung interrupted the warrior with his deep voice. He didn't miss the way the man toughened at his words. It's almost like the other wasn't expecting that response. Discarding the surprise, the male glanced at the prince and without any word, he led Taehyung out of the room.

The silent hallways engulfed them wholly as they sauntered without sharing a phrase. Taehyung got a weird rush of waves in his body as the cold walls around him stood tall and foreign to him- almost like reminding him that he's not where he's supposed to be. The omega prince felt like the walls were about to crush him but he shouldn't ascertain his weakness to anyone. He has to be strong to face anything.
He will not let down his brother, his pack, and those who trust him. Omega prince of Del Royale Kim Taehyung was admired by millions around the world, even without seeing him because of his courageous way to face and survive everything.

Taehyung felt his shoulders gaining energy and eyes filling with determination. He's the embodiment of confidence and perfection. His every step should tell the living species that. Passing a glance at the man walking in front of him, Taehyung calmed himself, mind linking his brother. 

"Hyung, Take care of our pack with Hobi hyung. I will be there soon..." 

-----

The throne room was dipped in silence as the two stared at each other. The different kinds of pheromones filling in the air without any pity. One was full of sorrow while another was happiest in victory. Both alphas didn't utter a word until the royal advisor broke the gaze to the closed window and whispered. 

"Taehyungie is gonna hate me..." 

The head alpha raised an eyebrow at the words. His advisor looked at him as if he was pleading something. He heard the words clear. He's aware that the said man- Kim Taehyung will hate them from the bottom of his heart. But he couldn't bring himself to care. He has a mission behind everything he does. And he was not going to explain that to anyone. 

"Jimin, we have a mission. You're not supposed to befriend him. You know he's our rival." 

The head alpha said, earning a chuckle from  Jimin. The advisor scoffed at the statement, shaking his head in disbelief. He was guilty. He betrayed his friend so that their head warrior could kidnap the omega.

That night when Del Royale was distracted by the war, Jimin let Yoongi go inside the palace and helped the beta to deceive the warriors and knock off the omega. Their attempt was successful. But Jimin was cracked to see the unconscious state of Taehyung who trusted him blindly. He couldn't control his tears. Even though he's an alpha, his heart is weak when it comes to the omega prince. He was stunned, to say the least, when he heard that it was his head alpha's plan. But he didn't question. He can't.

"And what about him being your mate? Aren't you supposed to stay away from him? But look where you're- fated to him."

Jimin said in a stern voice. His sorrow now changed to a tone of bravery. Jungkook stared at his advisor, fetching each word and understanding what the man just mumbled. Yeah, no one can change the fact that he's the mate of Taehyung whom he just kidnapped for his own needs. Jungkook stiffens at his position, hands balled into a fist and teeth gritted in annoyance. He was about to reply but the knock on the door interrupted him and then the door opened, revealing his head warrior. Yoongi wasn't alone.

As the two walked inside, Jimin stepped away and lowered his head in shame and guilt. The surrounding now changed to a tough scent and before the room could figure out the sight, they heard a deep velvety voice. 

"Didn't expect you to welcome me to your pack like this, alpha..." 

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Hi...

~AnecdotesOfABroken