Chapter nine

I felt relieved that Oliver was going to be okay but I still couldn't believe that he did that. He tried to kill himself. It was a hard hit. I cried uncontrollably. Damon just stood there and held my hand. I was in total shock with this. But also, he had heard me when I said all that stuff. He actually promised me to live.

"Damon, I don't understand. Why did you show me that?" I asked. He just smiled and sat down across from me.

 "I showed you that because I knew that you could stop it. I want you to see how people are moving on." He said.

"Damon, that is not moving on. That's...that's...I don't know what that is." I said. He took my hand and smiled. I was confused, why is he smiling? What did he just prove?

"Now he will. See I took you there so that you would stop him. You got him help in time. You saved him. Now he will move on and you can to." He explained. I nodded and stood up. He just looked at me as I went for the door.

"Wait, I have one more place to go then you can go back to your room." He said, standing up suddenly. I turned and gave him a suspicious look.

"Is someone going to die? Am I going to be able to handle this one?" I asked. He shrugged. I just crossed my arms. He walked over to me and smiled.

"Well, you may be able to handle it and no, no one is going to die. I promise." He said. I stood there for a minute and finally just gave him my hand. After the white light faded, I looked around and saw that I was in my bedroom, at my dad's house. It was clean and tidy, just as I had left it. I heard footsteps.

"Scarlett? Where are you? Your mother's waiting." I heard my dad yell. I felt my tears fill my eyes again. It was my dad. My favorite person in the whole world. I watched him as he turned into my room. I covered my mouth to silence the sobs I felt when I saw his face. His eyes were red and swollen from crying and his face was pale and stubbly. It broke my heart.

"Daddy, I want to stay here. Maybe if I do, Lynn will come back." She said. I turned to see her and I had to wiped my wet cheeks, just for more tears to fall. Dad tried to smile. He walked over to her and picked her up. He hugged her so tight. I smiled and wished that I could have just stayed home that night, none of this would be happening.

"Baby, Emmalynn is not coming home. She's in Heaven with God now." She just started crying. I felt so guilty for making my family feel this pain. It wasn't fair. I watched as my dad comforted my baby sister.

"Dad?" I heard from the hallway. We both turned to see Ash standing in the doorway. "Dad wants to know if you can watch Scarlett for a few more hours. The funeral director just called and she has to run over there for a minute." he asked. Dad nodded.

"Ashley, Wait. Do you have your suit at your mother's house or did you leave it here?" Dad asked. Ash shrugged. Dad sighed.

"I'm not sure, Dad. Why?" He asked. Dad set Scarlett down and walked out into the hallway with Ash.

"Because, I want you and your brothers and Oliver if he's out of the hospital to be the pallbearers for your sister. Okay. I need to talk to your mother about this but I think it would be a good idea." Dad explained. Ash just nodded. I could see that this subject caused a lot of pain for him. He was my twin after all.

"Okay, Dad. I'll look in my room when mom drops me off." Ash said. Dad nodded and then he looked at Ashley. I mean he really looked.

"Ash, I want to talk to with you when you get here. Okay?" Dad said. Ash just nodded. Dad patted his shoulder and sent him off. Dad turned back to see Scarlett in a ball on my bed. She just looked up. I smiled at her. I'm going to miss her so much.

"Daddy, can I have this?" She asked. Dad looked at what she was playing with in her hands. It was my favorite stuffed animal. My grandfather gave it to me when I was born. It was a stuffed monster and I had named him Monny. Dad smiled and nodded once.

"Yeah, I think Lynn would like that." He said. I smiled because he was right. I did. I turned to face Damon. He just smiled at me. I looked at my father as he kissed my baby sister on her head and walked out of the room. I watched as he walked into his room and shut the door. I followed him in and just watched as he sat down on the bed and began to sob uncontrollably. I hated seeing him like this. I just sat next to him.

"Can I talk to him?" I asked, knowing Damon was standing behind me.

"He won't hear you." He answered.

"I know. I just want to talk to him. Say goodbye." I said never taking my eyes off my dad.

"Go ahead." I took a deep, deep breath and tried to think of what to say to him. Then it just came to me.

"Daddy, I love you so, so much. I didn't want to leave you. Or mom, it was an accident. I'm so sorry. But I just wanted to tell you that you will get through this. You're the strongest man I've ever met. And I know it hurts but in time you'll get passed it and move on. Just like you did with Andy. It just takes so time and believe me when I say I'm okay. I really am in a better place. I'm with Andy. He misses you and mom so much. And he loves you. He drew me a picture of you guys this morning. It was so cute. He looks just like you. Splitting image, I swear. Um, anyway. I just wanted to say that I love you and uh, goodbye, I guess. Like I said. I'm okay. And I will always be with you and will always watch over you." I said. I then leaned in and kissed my father on the cheek before I got up and walked over to Damon. I looked over at my dad one last time and I noticed he was touching his cheek. I smiled knowing he felt that. I looked at Damon.

"Let's go." I said. He smiled and I took his hand.