Chapter thirteen

After Nathan left, it was just me and Andy. I never really made friends here besides him and now he was gone. I looked at my brother and realized we can go join him, if I choose to grow up. Because, without me, Andy can't leave. I thought about it desided I wanted to age again. It is June thirtith so soon I will turn seventeen and I will be an adult next year and I shall take my little brother and we shall find our friend again.

"Hey, Lynn, let's go find some people to hang with." I heard Andy say. I turned to face him.

"Nah, you go ahead, I'm just going to go back to my room for a while. Maybe write a little. I'll see you later." I answered. He just shrugged and ran off. I walked into my room and as soon as I closed the door, someone started knocking. I opened it to see a man standing there.

"It's about time you answered. I've been standing here knocking for ten minutes." The man said.

"Sorry, I was with the other kids. I was playing video games with my brother." I said. He just rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, lets just get down to business." He said, rushing in. "You died, about nine years ago and now we are doing an investigation of your death and your guardian angel." I shot my head up to look at him. Did he really just say that?

"Why?" I asked suddenly. He just shook his head.

"Well, through a recent addition to Heaven we learned that he is getting to close to his charges and we believe that he is also taking his responibilities for granted and is using them for his own gain. That is not aloud here. Also, he is beginning to show human emotions." He explained.

"What's wrong with human emotion?"

"We are no longer human, Miss. Everett. We are angels now. Us guardians don't feel human emotions." He explained further. I nodded. I was a little surprised by that.

"I told them not to make him a guardian. I knew that he couldn't let his human life behind, he wouldn't leave the human part of himself go. His death was too tragic." He explained.

"How did he die? He never told me." I asked.

"He...well, his father left him alone in the mall when he was thirteen. He gave him some money and told him to go to the book store and find a book. Well he did. He was on his way back to his father when a man stopped him. Yeah, I know it's harder to get a hold of a teenager but it does happen, well he got his attention pulled him outside the mall, shoved him in the car and drove off. They found his body two weeks later in a lake in South Carolina. He had been murdered so burtly it was agonizing for him to recover here in Heaven. It took years to get his head straight." The man who later I learned was named Louis, said. He smiled and handed me a piece of paper.

"I need you to sign this paper." He said.

"What for?" I asked reading it.

"It's to revoke Damon's title as guardian. He is no longer trustworthy. And now we have gone into investagations into many of his charges deaths, including yours."

"My death? Why my death?"

"Because, we may believe that it may not have been an accident like he had told you." I began to freak. Damon may have lied to me. He may have been the reason I was living my life with Oliver right now with my childern. This wasn't fair. Not at all. I nodded and looked down at the paper. I had to sign it. What if what they said he did was true and I didn't sign it. But what if it isn't true and I do sign the paper. Finally I just took the pen and sided it. I gave it back and sat on my bed. This was crazy. Insanlly crazy. My death wasn't an accident. Wow. I did not see this one coming. At all. I just closed my eyes and tried to think. Why would he do this?  I never even noticed that Louis left. I sat up to ask a question and he was gone. I couldn't believe it.

About twenty minutes later, Damon stormed into my room.

"What the hell is this, Emmalynn?" He asked, Rage in his eyes. I was suddenly scared.

"I signed that. Because they told me some interesting things about my death. Is it true that my death wasn't an accident?" I asked. He didn't say a word. He just looked down. I knew then he had been lying to be.

"Is it true?" I asked again. He still didn't say anything.

"Damon..."

"Yes. It's true. I cause your death. I'm the reason you died."