Chapter eighteen

I walked over to stand in front of Oliver. Andy never went with me to see him so he never knew how emotional it is for me to stand here infront of my boyfriend after all this time. I just cried. I always did. He had flowers in his hands and smiled as he laid them down. He never said anything, he would just stand there. I would just stand next to him and wait patiently. It was my way of saying hi.

"Are you okay?" Andy asks. I look over and slightly smile. He doesn't understand the relationship Oliver and I had.

"We knew we were meant to be together forever. We planned on seeing the world, get married in Ireland and having a ceremony here for our families. We would have a family and grow old together. We were going to sit on that front porch and sit in those rocking chairs that everyone talks about surrounded by grandchildren and now because of Damon, I don't get any of that. Oliver never got that with me. He never traveled. He just met Sharah and married her and had a family. It was supposed to be me and I know he knows it." I explained. Andy just nodded. He just stood there and watched. Finally Oliver took a deep breath and smiled.

"I love you, Emmalynn. I always have and I always will. You were my only dream and now you're my most of my best memories. I will always miss you." He said. I smiled as silent tears rolled down my cheeks. "Happy anniveracy, babe. I love you." He said and finally walked away. I sobbed as he walked away.

"Happy annivercary." I finally got out. I forgot that was today. Every year on our annivercery, Oliver brings me flowers. It's his way of saying he still loves me. I laughed and turned to look at my brother.

"I hate Damon. I've never hated someone so much in my life. You see what he took from me. Everything. He took everything and I'll never get that back." I ranted. Andy just came over and wrapped his arms around me. He just held me for a while. Finally we closed our eyes and went home.

"Alright, let's go find something to do." I said. Andy just nodded and we walked over to the video games like we always do. I watched as Jennifer and Eric came over.

"Hey, Lynn, can I talk to you?" She asked. I nodded. I handed Eric the controllar and walked away with Jennifer. We sat down at one of the tables that we just sat at to talk.

"What's up?" I asked. She smiled.

"I just wanted to talk to someone who knows what this is like. You know? Who has been through this too." She said. I nodded. I just smiled and wait for her to start talking. But she didn't so I asked some questions to kind of warm her up.

"Where are you from?" I asked.

"My mom moved us, my sister and I, up to  Dareen, South Dakota about a year ago. She thought it would be better for us there." She answered. I just smiled.

"That's where I'm from. That's where I grew up. Dareen, South Dakota." I said. She smiled back and asked me about the woods.

"The woods are safe, depending on the time of day and time of year. If you go there in say Feburary, there's a good chance you can died." I said, laughing. She smiled and we continued talking about her life and her family and how I got over being dead and things like that. It was great. I loved talking to her about these things. Someone who knows what it's like to miss someone the way I miss Oliver.

"Okay, well I think I'm going to go find Eric." She finally said. I smiled as she walked away. I just sat there, realizing that all the feelings I had on the day I died have coming rushing back to me. I have all the feelings I did then. The sadness, the regret. The fact that I miss my family and the life I was supposed to live.

"Hey, are you sure you're alright?" Andy asked, standing next to me. "You're crying again." He pointed out. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm just so angry with Damon. I can't stop thinking about what he did. It's just heartbreaking." I said. Andy sat in the seat acrossed from me and took my hands.

"I know it hurts but I think that he is going to get what's coming to him. He is going to get punished for what he did. I promise you that." He said. I laughed and wiped the tears from my face. He was right, Damon was going to get what was coming to him. I knew that. Jefferson told me he would.

"Emmalynn Everett?" I heard from next to us. I looked up to see a woman, nicely dress standing over me. I smiled and nodded. "Can I please speak to you alone?" She asked. I nodded and stood up and followed her to the door. She opened it and we were in a white room. I saw the table and at the table was Damon. I couldn't believe it. He was here? Really? Did he have to be?

"Just take a seat and Jefferson will be in in a few minutes." She said. I nodded. Now I have to be alone with him? This wasn't fair. I smiled at her as she walked out the door. When she was gone, I just looked at my hands. I didn't want to look at Damon. I was so mad at him.

"I'm sorry, Lynn, really I am." He said. I didn't look up.

"Damon, do you even realize what you did?" I asked, quietly.

"Yes, I do. I took your life away." He answered. "I took everything from you."

"Yeah, but it's not about me. Not just me. My family. Their lives were torn apart because of you. Oliver, he still hasn't gotten over it. He never will. Neither will my brother. He won't even have a family because of this. He's afraid of what will happen. Did you realize that?" I asked.

"Yes, and I'm very sorry for that." He said. I just shook my head.

"Are you sorry for what you did or for the fact you got caught?" I asked, finally looking up. He didn't say anything. "That's what I thought." I said. He wasn't sorry at all. He really isn't. He began to say something when the door opened and Jefferson was standing there.

"Alright, let's go." He said. I looked at Damon, confused.

"Where are we going?" I asked. Jefferson just looked at me and nodded once.

"We are going to the Great Room." He said. I've heard of that but I 've never been there. That only meant one thing.

"Does he..." Jefferson nodded.

"God wishes to speak to both of you."