Chapter twenty-three

God nodded as Damon lowered his head. I don't think he expected me to make that choice. I think God knew all along what my choice was going to be. I questioned it once I made it, but I eventually knew it was the right choice.

"Alright, Damon this means you are sent to earth to watch her. She is not to know who you are. You are not to make contact. She is to live her life as was expected with no interference from you. You are to remain on earth for the remainder of her life. Is that understood?" God explained. Damon nodded.

"How soon do I go?" I asked. God looked at me and smiled.

"Well, I am allowing you to say goodbye to your friends here. So pretty much as soon as you'd like. Go say goodbyes and then come back. Then you will be on your way." He said. I nodded and turned to face my brother, he was my last goodbye. I was going to put that off as long as I possible could. We walked back to the room with all the kids. I tried to find all the friends I have made over the last nine years. First I found Lucy and Ruth. They were good friends of mine. They were sad to see me go but they were happy for me. I then found all my over friends. I couldn't believe that I am going back. It seemed surreal. Like a dream. A really good dream. I never thought it would happen. I really didn't.

Finally it was time to go. But I hadn't found Jennifer yet. I couldn't find her anywhere. Eric wither. Finally I started asking around. I didn't want to leave without saying goodbye. Then I saw her. She was standing alone at the edge of a table. I walked over to her.

"Jennifer? Hey I need to talk to you. It's important." I said. He smiled and turned to face me. She seemed a little upset.

"What about? But make it fast Eric should be here any minute." She said. I nodded and smiled.

"I'm leaving. I got to go live my life again. God granted it when he heard what my angel did." She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck and started giggling. It was a little weird.

"That's great. Emmalynn. That's really great. I'm really happy for you." She said. I smiled and noticed she still seemed somewhat upset.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She smiled and then she realized she wasn't fooling me.

"It's Eric. He seems different. I mean he doesn't act the same. He's all weird here. Like he doesn't want to be with me anymore." She answered. I smiled.

"Of course he's acting different. He died. He's going through a difficult time right now. Trust me okay. Everything is fine." I said. She smiled and hugged me again. I was happy to help her out. She was a good person. She just died too soon. So did Eric. I nodded and walked away slowly.

"Well I got to go. Andy is waiting by the door to say goodbye. Bye." I explained. She waved and I turned to walk away. I got to the door and Andy smiled but I saw through it. He was upset but he was trying to hide it from me.

"You ready?" I asked. And he just nodded. We opened the door and walked back to the Great Room. It was quiet suddenly as we walked in. I couldn't understand what was going on. Then I realized nothing. It was just that this had to be a first. Finally we made it over and God smiled down at me before stepping off of his throne and coming to stand with me. He took both of my hands in his.

"Are you sure you want this? You can still change your mind." He asked. I looked back at my brother and began to wonder if I really was making the right choice. He nodded. His head but I still wasn't sure. We stood there for a few minutes before Andy took my hand and pulled me aside.

"You have to go. Go live your life. Please for me. Do it for me. And mom. At least do it for her if not for yourself. Please." He said. Finally I realized he was right I had to do this. It really was the right choice. I kissed my brother on the cheek and gave him a hug.

"I love you. I'm going to miss you so much." I said.

"I'm going to miss you too. I guess I need to make new friends." We both laughed for a minute and he got serious again.

"Have a good life Emmalynn. I love you." He said. I felt my eyes begin to tear up as I hugged him again before Rswalking over to God.

"I'm ready. This is what I really want. And thank you for this. Thank you so much." I said. He simply nodded and he waved his hand in front of my face and suddenly the bright white light shined in my eyes again and that was the last memory I have of everything I knew there in Heaven with Andy. Now I was home. Where I was supposed to be.