Scene 4 - Behind

We hear some mumbling between the Doctor, Jo, and the Master. It is too quiet to hear behind the rocks from a little distance away, but they are most definitely being heard. The hideous Slyther creature begins sliding its way along the rocks. We hear it drag itself and the pulsating noise it makes. It comes closer and closer after the Doctor and his friends.

Jo:

Well what can we do first?

Doctor:

What we can do is put history back on the right track it is supposed to be. There will be plenty of other planets the Daleks have invaded too early. Do you know them?

Master:

Indeed I do. One of them happens to be your precious Earth!

Jo:

Earth?!

Master:

Yes. In the early 21st century. As a matter of fact, it was one of their first planets they sought to conquer.

He laughs, but then winces out in pain. Back at the digging, Bal, Ten, and Moid return to their sites where the Roboman orders more work.

Roboman:

REST HAS TERMINATED! WORK TO RECOMMENCE IMMEDIATELY! WORK! WORK!

They begin digging again.

Bal:

Are you feeling better now, sir?

Moid:

Better. Yes. Thank you.

Ten:

I think word has gotten around that we plan to attack in force.

Bal:

The real problem is that Dalek watching us from up above. The Robomen are difficult enough like that poor fellow who was killed.

Moid:

Striking at the Robomen would be difficult enough. After that, we would have to see aim at the Dalek and fire the trigger. By that point, it would already have seen us and killed us first.

Roboman:

SILENCE!

The Slyther begins approaching up to the Doctor and his friends. We hear its movement and it's pulsating.

Master:

This planet is already finished. The Automation will be assisting the Earth in the invasion.

Doctor:

We will start there.

Jo:

Ssssh! Listen.

They stop in silence to hear something coming.

Master:

It's coming! It's found us!

The monster jumps out unexpectedly to menace them. It roars as it prepares to attack. Jo yelps.

Doctor:

Run for it, Jo! Back to the TARDIS!

The Slyther just misses Jo to grab her. They then hurry back to the TARDIS. The Dalek watching from the tower sees them.

Dalek 1:

ALERT! ALERT! INTRUDERS! INTRUDERS! EXTERMINATE THEM! EXTERMINATE THEM!

The Doctor, Jo, and the Master keep running and running as we see Moroks confused about what is happening.

Ten:

Something is happening.

Roboman:

RETURN TO WORKING!

Three Daleks emerge from the remains of the museum and begin hunting after the Doctor and his friends.

Dalek 2:

THREE UNIDENTIFIED HUMANOIDS HAVE BEEN DETECTED IN PERIMETER SOUTH, SOUTH WEST! ORDERS WILL CULTIVATE IN THEIR EXTERMINATION!

Daleks:

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

The Dalek at the top of the tower sees them and tries to fire at them.

Dalek 1:

INTRUDERS IN FIRING RANGE!

An explosion blasts up, some of the rocks blowing up near the Doctor and his friends. The Master is struggling a little.

Doctor:

Come on. We must keep going!

The three Daleks keep coming after them travelling on the hardened surface of the planet. Finally, the TARDIS is in sight. With the Master aching and wheezing, the Doctor and Jo help him.

Master:

Don't worry about me, Doctor. Get Ms Grant back to the TARDIS.

Doctor:

Nonsense, we are not leaving you behind.

The Doctor and Jo carry him over their shoulders, inching closer to the TARDIS as the Daleks approach. Finally, the Doctor reaches the TARDIS and opens the door up with the key.

Jo:

Look!

The three Daleks reach the top of the hill. The Doctor and Jo quickly pull the Master inside.

Daleks:

EXTERMINATE!

Their guns point down at the TARDIS as the doors slam to close. The Daleks fire. Inside the TARDIS, the Master is left to rest against the wall as he recovers. The Doctor and Jo head around the console so they can take off. The Daleks keep firing as they see the TARDIS materialize away.

Dalek 2:

OBSERVATION OF EVIDENCE SUGGESTS A SIMILAR SPACE-TIME CRAFT TO THE PRINCIPLES SUPPLIED TO THE AUTOMATION!

Dalek 3:

WE WILL REPORT THAT THE INTRUDERS HAVE ESCAPED! FURTHER EVIDENCE IMPLIES THAT THEY POSE NO HOSTILE THREAT TO DALEK OPERATIONS ON OR OFF THIS PLANET!

Dalek 4:

WE WILL RETURN TO THE CAMPSITE!

The Daleks begin returning away...