Scene 8 - Back To Skaro

In the Master's cell, the door is opened, and a UNIT soldier comes in with a machine gun. The Master was relaxing on a hardened bed when he is disturbed.

Solider:

On your feet, prisoner! The Brigadier wants to see you.

With a big huffing sigh, the Master jumps up and leaves the cell with the guard closely watching him. The UNIT troops in North West London have moved to a new area as the Dalek makes its way through the streets, exterminating and destroying anything in its way. The Doctor, Jo, the Brigadier, and the other troops wait on a busy road that has been corned off to the public. They can hear more of the Dalek's gun firing as explosions blast nearby.

Doctor:

What's taking your troops so long?

Brigadier:

He's on his way, Doctor.

Corporal Bell:

The prisoner will be arriving in one and one quatre minutes now.

Jo:

Well let's hope they get a move on. That Dalek will be around here any time soon.

Brigadier:

The entire area has been cornered off, Ms Grant. All traffic is being diverted elsewhere, so they will almost have a free road.

The Dalek keeps blasting, destroying and blowing up the setting around it. POW! BAM! BOOM!

Dalek:

ONLY ONE RACE CAN SURVIVE ON THIS WORLD! THE DALEK RACE!

The jeep carrying the Master arrives. It pulls up with the Master and five guards keep an eye on the prisoner. He is escorted down with machine guns aimed at him.

Master:

Well, my dear Doctor, what can I do for you?

Doctor:

I think you know why you are here. You knew your device couldn't stop the Dalek. Which is why you are coming with me, out to the Dalek.

Jo:

No, Doctor, you can't!

Doctor:

Jo, trust me. I know what I am doing. With the Master with me, we will stop it. I'll only tell him when the plan is in execution.

The Master smiles. As the Dalek makes its way through the street, the Doctor and the Master approach up to the Dalek.

Master:

Don't tell me you're going to try and reason with it.

Doctor:

Nonsense. Nobody can reason with a Dalek. Their genetic makeup breeds hatred against anything non-Dalek.

Master:

It's not genetic, this one, remember. It's been programmed into its computer's primary function. But I hope, as you said, you know what you are doing.

Dalek:

HALT! YOU ARE THE DOCTOR! YOU ARE THE ENEMY OF THE DALEKS! NOW YOU ARE IN MY POWER, YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED! EXTERMINATED! EXTERMINATED!

The Doctor holds up his Sonic Screwdriver.

Doctor:

You wouldn't need to do that. My Sonic Screwdriver has placed a shield around me so you can't harm me.

Dalek:

YOU ARE BLUFFING! THERE IS NO SUCH SHIELD!

Doctor: