Scene 8 - We're Coming With You!

The Doctor, Jo, and the Master return to the lab. The Master admires the Doctor's laboratory, whilst Jo heads out.

Jo:

I'm going to get the Brigadier.

Doctor:

Well done, Jo.

Master:

So this is your humble abode in UNIT Headquarters. I must say this is quite a little home for you, even after your exile.

Doctor:

Ah. Thank you very much.

Master:

I did prefer your other laboratory. A little more spacious. More to do in it, and was more of a laboratory. In spite of the primitive scientific technology you would have had in it.

Jo and the Brigadier arrive.

Brigadier:

The Master?

Master:

Brigadier.

Doctor:

Now, it's not what you think, Brigadier. The Master is going to help us. He has no choice.

Brigadier:

Oh. How?

Doctor:

I was afraid I was wrong, Lethbridge Stewart. The Daleks haven't just got what they want, the entire fabric of time itself is in jeopardy. They've taken over the base and taken everything from the museum, and are have started to swarm across the galaxy. The Master has told us everything we need to know about it.

Brigadier:

Well why does he want to help us?

Master:

Well, as it happens Brigadier after I was shot by the Dalek and I left, I went back to see the ruins of the museum after the Daleks took over. Unfortunately, I was trapped by my TARDIS. And now I need it back.

Jo:

We must trust him, Brigadier. He's already given us a great deal of help already.

Brigadier:

Very well. If we were to accept this, we may guarantee you're freedom.

Master:

May?

Brigadier:

You are still a prisoner of UNIT. Depending on your conduct, we will consider if we let you go.

Doctor:

Now that's all settled, the Daleks will be arriving on Earth in the year 2019. A point in time too early for the Daleks to invade other planets.

Jo:

Only thanks to the Master they have been able to.

Master:

Thank you for the reminder, Ms Grant. As the Doctor said Brigadier, the Dalek invasion has led to the military forces of the world after a wild goose chase, meaning they will not be able to defend the Earth for themselves.

Brigadier:

I see. And you want us to help stop it then? Well, I'll get my troops ready.

Doctor:

We need as many explosives and armaments as you can get. Take everything you can into the TARDIS.

We get to see the Daleks conquering across the city of London. We see rubble and burning wreckage on the ground as the Daleks emerge. This is across Westminster Bridge and across many London landmarks such as Marble Arch, Buckingham Palace, and Trafalgar Square. Out from the spaceship, Robomen begin emerging out under Dalek command. Cars, taxis, and buses are left to burn in flames, whilst inside the Dalek saucer, the Automation continues shouting orders as two Daleks keep monitoring the control board.