43

Snapchat

Private Story

time to say goodbye

time to say goodbye

he's not ready...

im not ready...

Real Life

travelling home for New Year was stressful in itself without adding on the stress around telling Chris she was pregnant. but somehow Zoya seemed calm and collected the entire flight home and the two days following, now December 31st was in full swing and Zoya was grabbing the gift ready for midnight.

when they went downstairs, they saw Chris sat watching the television with Dodger waiting for the fireworks over Toronto - in 2 minutes.

Zoya sat beside him holding the bag in front of her confusing her boyfriend.

"what's that."

"a late christmas present."

"oh?"

Zoya nodded passing him the bag, hands shaking slightly.

"i thought you gave me your gift already?"

"i did. this one's... special."

Chris lifted an eyebrow in suspicion so Zoya nodded towards the bag. time passed painfully slow as Chris pulled the wrapper away. the confusion on his face doubling as he pulled out three wrapped packages.

"open the bigger one first, then the square, then the rectangle."

and so he did, peeling away the wrapping paper Chris saw a bundled up blanket with Mini Evans embroidered in the right hand corner, inside a stuffed bat. Chris laughed yet the confusion was evident on his face still. the square one was opened a lot less messily with a clear pacifier tucked in the middle, still in its box. Chris' face dropped in colour but a bright smile made its way onto his face.

"you're not..."

"open the last one."

Chris smiled on tearing into the smallest rectangular present.

3...

when he opened it he pulled out the positive pregnancy test.

2...

he looked to Zoya who handed him a small piece of paper, tears in both their eyes

1...

"Happy New Year Papa."