42

Snapchat

The inner child is out to play

my new besties

May your days be merry and bright

Real Life

Everyone was sat around watching the kids open their presents early christmas morning, no one fully awake yet except the hyperactive children, and of course, Uncle Chris. The boys opened all their gifts and every time turned straight to Chris to get his reaction. Scott was sat next to Zoya on the couch grumbling under his breath about favouritism before he got up and went to the kitchen grabbing the bottle of Baileys. 

"Scotty its 8am."

"yes, dear sister of mine, but it's never too early for Baileys coffee."

he went around the circle of adults pouring the alcohol into their mugs until he reached Zoya who refused gaining a look from Scott.

"I don't like Baileys."

"how can you not like Baileys?"

"I don't know, I just don't." 

"just move on Scott."
Chris yelled from the carpet where he was being tackled by his nephews.

when Scott stood up, Dodger jumped up on the couch and snuggled his head on Zoya's lap sniffing at their stomach before settling down in Scotts seat. when Scott returned from the kitchen he cursed before joining his brother and the children on the carpet. 

hours later when everyone was beginning to wind down, Zoya was in the kitchen pouring herself some water when Carly came in sipping her Eggnog.

"how you holding up?"

"huh- oh, i'm good." 
Zoya smiled turning off the tap.

"our christmas is a bit much at times."

"i thought it was great. the boys had a great time too, and really, that's all that matters."

"yeah, speaking of where are they?"

"i think Chris is putting them to bed."

"ah. he's too good to those boys. spoils them rotten and lets them get away with way too much. they adore him in return. sometimes Ryan jokes that he's more like their dad than their uncle when he sees them."

Zoya smiled taking a sip of her water.

"he's always wanted to be a dad, i'm glad he's finally going to be."

choking on her drink Zoya looked at Carly shocked out of her mind.

"how did you-?"

"you're subtle and good at improv, but i'm a mom myself, i remember the hiding stage. you should tell him though."

"i do plan to."

"you do?"

she nodded. Carly smiled placing the drinks down and bringing them in for a hug.

"i'm glad it's you."

"thanks carly."

"you're welcome, future sibling-in-law."