All She Could Ask

"Hey, Kiel..." Athanasia looked up from staring deeply at her drink. "We've been dating for a month, I was thinking of going somewhere far and being just the two of us. Escape from this busy world, you know."

Ijekiel hummed, a smile curved up to his cheeks. "Where do you want to go then?" He asked, sweetly, his hand went to hold Athanasia's on the table. "Though we should plan this next week, I have a business trip with Cabel for 2 weeks..." He muttered as she checked his schedule on his phone.

"Oh, is that so?" Athanasia sighed, tilting her head to lean on her other hand. "I was planning to go this Saturday but I guess I can wait."

Ijekiel smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry. I really want to go with you but... work, you know and I just can't leave Cabel on his own. You know that guy."

Athanasia chuckled, waving her hand off. She gently squeezed Ijekiel's hand that is still holding hers. "Okay, I know. Be safe okay?"

"Why are you saying that?" Ijekiel scoffs. "I will leave in three days though I have to pack early since I don't have the time to do it. Remind me why did I choose my work in the first place, it's a hassle."

"Do you want me to help you pack?" Athanasia suggested, her eyes blinking in excitement. "By the way, where is that business trip of yours?"

"Near the country but far from you," Ijekiel said with a hint of tease in his tone. Athanasia rolled her eyes but can't help but blush at the cheesy line. Her boyfriend may be handsome but he's not the kind of guy who could smoothly flirt with his lover.

Athanasia let go of his hand and laughed. "You still never gave up on giving me such cringe lines," she said, frowning. "You better stop before I lose my sanity."

"I was just expressing my love to you, my lady."

"Oh, shut up!"

Athanasia's phone suddenly played a tune, an alarm has set off. She immediately took her phone and checked her schedule. "Oh, I totally forgot!" She exclaimed, her eyes widened. "I told Lucas to wait for me at school!"

"Hm?" Ijekiel raised a brow in confusion. "Do you have plans with Lucas today?" He asked, taking a sip of his drink. "How is that smugly guy by the way?"

"He's fine as ever. Still has his stupid smug, unfortunately," Athanasia said with a laugh. "And yeah, though actually, I have plans with his mom, I've been taking cooking lessons by her. I wanted to be independent for myself."

"You sure are close with his mom than him," Ijekiel pointed out.

"Yes, we are," Athanasia agreed. "I just can't with Lucas, he's like a brat when I'm with him."

"Do you want me to teach him a lesson?"

"Nah, you're gonna lose, hun, don't even think about it."

"Ouch, you don't have any trust in your boyfriend, huh?" Ijekiel suddenly teared up even though there were no tears in his eyes. "Is that how you think of me, Athy?"

"You and your drama..." Athanasia scoffs as she stood up from her seat, taking her bag. "Anyways, I'll be seeing you then, call me when you are going to pack your stuff for your business trip, I'll come running to your house. Alright?!"

Ijekiel nodded, smiling.

Athanasia smiled back and kissed his forehead. "Okay, I'm gonna go now, love you!"

"Mhm, love you too," Ijekiel said back, watching Athanasia walk out of the cafe until she was out of his sight, his loving smile never fades.

.