A Glimpse of the Past

Ten Years Ago

Knock knock

Athanasia turned her body away from the door, covering herself with her blankets, which she regretted. The scent of the blanket made her want to puke, that familiar scent, the warmth that gave her. It was nauseating.

But before Athanasia could immediately remove herself from the blankets, the door slid open, a shadow hovered over her. Athanasia didn't react, she was too busy to erase everything she was conscious of.

"Athanasia..." A soft voice called her name, she could hear the sadness in her voice from the thick blankets.

Athanasia still didn't budge.

She felt a warm hand caress her back, she felt it tremble no matter how it tries to comfort her. They were in pain also. Athanasia knew that but she could only curl herself in her blankets, clutching her aching heart, covering her ears to stop the pain, the noise, the cries.

Everything.

"It's okay..." She heard them whisper, their voice is on the verge of breaking. "Just let it all out..."

Memories flashed through her mind like a videotape. Every single loving memory she cherished. The ones she wanted to reminisce someday. The ones that gave her to smile with the sun above.

The ones that she can't take back from now on.

And somehow, Athanasia finds herself crying loudly, clutching the blanket as if it were her treasure. Everything was burning until it was all in ashes, let it get blown in the wind, let it scatter. And with a blink

Athanasia forgot the pain, she forgot happiness.

Leaving her phone ringing madly on the floor.

Athanasia felt a cold breeze brushing her back as Lucas never leave his eyes on her. She wanted to run away but her legs aren't listening to her.

She shouldn't have accepted the invitation earlier and remembered that she had the same class as Lucas.

Why now?

"Do you know each other?" Ijekiel stepped in, confused. He felt the cold tension around them.

Lucas lets out a scoff. "I should be asking you guys that," he grumbled. "As I remembered, she was the one who bumped on me and spilled my coffee."

Silence.

THAT'S IT?!! Athanasia yelled in her mind. The heavy feeling in her heart disappeared and was replaced with shock and madness. "Huh?" That was all she could utter, too stunned at Lucas' reply.

"Huh?" Everyone followed, they've become more confused.

"I don't remember her being in our class ten years ago, though..." Lucas hummed, tilting his head but the anger in his tone is still there. "Anyway, that was like three months ago, Christmas Eve when she suddenly bumped on me and destroyed my perfect alone time. I told myself not to meet her or else I would be pissed, which I am now. And the heck, she is right here, looking all buddy-buddy with you two and..."

Is Lucas this talkative before...? Athanasia thought, watching Lucas go on telling his story of how he met her. She compared the past Lucas and the Lucas now, she almost thought that she staring at his illusion because of how he talks.

"Okay, okay! Stop!" Cabel interrupted, covering Lucas' mouth. "We get it, man!"

Jennette chuckled. "Lucas, you've changed."

"I agree," Ijekiel also said with a laugh.

Athanasia was the only one who didn't laugh, she find it weird and... weird... yeah.