Chapter 13

"(Y/N)." 

Your head lifts, and you glance at Lex from his desk. You were on the other side working on an assignment while he worked on his laptop. His call must have been due to the wince you let out when you pressed your hand to your head.

"Are you alright?"

You nod. 

Truthfully, you'd been having headaches for the past couple days. Whenever you used your speed recently, you'd end up farther than you anticipated. He straightens in his chair, turning away from his laptop. 

"It's just a migraine. I really don't think it's anything serious. "

"How long have you had them for?" you nimble on your lip. 

"A few days."

"(Y/N)."

"I know I'm sorry." You don't want him getting worried over nothing.

"I'm sure it's nothing serious."

"You can't be sure of that. " He stands, moving around the desk. When he takes a seat right next to you, he studies your face and you blush.

"I'm not a doctor, but it could be due to stress. How are your midterms going?"

You're pouting.

"You should be arrested, you're way too good at this boyfriend thing." Lex smiles at that.

"I like that. "

Your brows furrow, smiling.

 "Like what?"

"That's the second time I heard you call me your boyfriend. It's good to hear."

"You're so cheesy." You laugh. His laughter follows along, and you're both so close. The smile doesn't leave as you lean in to give him a kiss.

"(Y/N)!!" 

You jump at the voice, springing to your feet.

"D-Dad!!"

The dark haired male is wearing his usual scowl, and you want to sink into a puddle of water.

"Dr. Wells, it's an honor to meet you." 

Lex stands, and you're amazed at how easily he feels approaching your dad. The guy could make the greatest warrior crumble with that glare. He eyes Lex. You've explained a few reasons why you've been hesitant to introduce your father, and Lex understood. His father wasn't exactly someone he liked advertising either.

"You're bald." Harrison says flatly.

"DAD!!" you're thoroughly embarrassed, and you rush over taking your father's hand.

"L-Lex could you give us a minute?" He nods. 

"Of course, make yourself at home. " He exits, and you turn to your father with a frown.

"How did you even get in here?"

"I happen to have a few connections with Mr. Luthor, not that I'm ecstatic about that. It does come in handy for situations like this. Imagine my surprise when he calls me requesting that I keep a close eye on my daughter who was caught up in a robbery at the manor. You were in danger and you didn't think to tell me!" He's furious, and you know staying here will just add to his anger. You start packing your items, texting Lex.

This would be a very long evening.

~Kent Farm~

"So you're (Y/N)'s father, it's a pleasure to meet you." Martha wears a warm smile.

"Likewise." 

He says that, but that perpetual frown is still on his face. Clark shifts in his spot on the chair, and Jonathan coughs into his fist, standing. 

"I'll get us some drinks."

Making an escape, what a smart move.

"I understand that you have been encouraging my daughter's reckless behavior. " 

Harrison's eyes fix on Clark and he swallows.

"Dad, he's just been helping me, did you listen to anything I said on our way here?"

"I heard the part where you were mixed up with those Luthors because this boy is here making you think you're invincible. Not only have you been running around carelessly but telling these strangers your secret. And that Luthor, are you really that naive?"

"They're not strangers, he's my friend and I care about Lex!"

"You're still in high school, what right does he have pursuing you!"

"Dr. Wells please calm down. " 

Jonathan walks back in with a jug of water, placing it on the table. 

"Trust me when I tell you I wasn't that thrilled either. (Y/N) is like a daughter to me. "

"She is my daughter!" Harrison sneers.

"STOP!"

The surge of electricity in your eyes topped with the change in timber of your voice, it startles him. You take a breath to calm down.

"Now I know why Jessie left so early to live on her own." Harrison's gaze falls at the mention of your older sister.

"You're impossible, dad. " 

You were trying so hard not to break down, but now it feels useless.

"I thought if I ran too then I'd finally be able to make my own decisions, but you're still trying to control everything I do because you've never trusted me." His anger is dissipating.

"I wanted to show you, to prove that I could take care of myself. I know you've always been scared to lose us, especially what happened with mom...with Jessie..but I..I'm not them. " You sob.

His eyes lowers, and he moves closer, pulling you into his arms. Clark looks sympathetic. There's a great deal of information that you never filled him in on about your family. Your mother was one of them.

"I can't ever lose you two, please understand that." You hold unto him, nodding as you cry.

"I know, you won't lose me dad I promise."

Martha is smiling. As bad as the afternoon has started, it seems to have gotten better. There's a knock at the door, and it pulls all your focus.

"Clark." Lex's calls earn a groan from your father and Jonathan.

"Luthor." They grumble in unison. You, Clark and Martha exchange a look, laughing. You pull out of your father's arms, heading for the door. When you open it Lex lifts his head. The minute he sees your tear filled eyes he goes on a rant.

"(Y/N) what's wrong, are you alright what happened, do you-" you just pull him in for a kiss, silencing his rants, and the groans of annoyance continue behind you. You giggle, pulling back, and Lex looks dazed. 

"I love you Lex." 

Whatever he had planned to come over and say, it's obviously left his mind.

"What do you mean love, now wait a second young lady! Just because I'm letting you make your own decisions doesn't mean I agree with all of them. Especially your relationship with this surprisingly handsome bald guy."

"Thank you sir."

"It wasn't a compliment!!"

You just shake your head, laughing. You move to press a kiss to your dad's cheek as you smile.

"I love you too dad."

"I would have felt better if you said it to me first." He grumbles.

"You're such a child sometimes. "

"I'll be visiting twice a month."

"Please don't."

"Three times for that comment."

"DAD!!"

Clark is grinning at the banter between father and daughter.

A decent ending for a stressful day.