Chapter 4

Sitting on Clark's couch has become your new favourite thing, especially after winning a race against him. You snicker when he comes rushing in. You cross your legs with a smile.

"Three seconds Clark, you're getting slower." you tease.

Martha comes walking around the corner. " I thought I heard you two racing again. You know how your father feels about you being reckless with your powers Clark." She's lecturing him, and you stand. 

"It was his idea, Mrs Kent."

"Was not!" She smiles at the both of you.

"Why don't you come and help me get ready for the Christmas party, Clark." you perk up.

"Party?"

"Yes, every year we hold a little get together."

"It's kind of a tradition." Clark interjects. You can tell it's something he looks forward to.

"Don't forget to invite Lex!" she calls as she's moving around to the kitchen.

"So you're coming right?" Clark asks as he moves to help her set up decorations. 

"Of course. I'm free until the nineteenth. My parents want me to spend the remainder of the break with them. " Clark grins. 

"That's great, you're gonna love it. " 

Knowing Mrs. Kent's cooking you know will no doubt be the best. And Lex was apparently coming, so even better. It would also be a good time to get to know more people in Smallville. When you leave the kent household, you head straight to your closet, searching for a nice outfit. It's not like you were trying to impress Lex or anything. That would be silly.

~~~

The night falls, you feel like you're about ready to head over to Clark's house. Usually you'd just run over there, but that becomes a bit tricky with heels. And you want to appear as normal as possible, so you grab your car keys. The dress you'd picked out isn't overly extravagant. You didn't want to go overboard. You settle for a red strapless wool crepe dress, topped with a brown coat. It was a bit chilly outside. You tuck your scarf under your chin, starting your car.

It isn't very long. When you arrive, the snow has started to fall. Exiting the car, you look up, giggling when a flake lands on your cheek.

"Enjoying yourself." your eyes move forward, and you see Lex standing at the door. Of course dressed in a dapper suit. From the looks of it he's just about to head inside himself. You walk over with a grin. 

"Snow is always appreciated during Christmas. I think the least that could happen is some beauty for the blistering cold. "

"Agreed." 

Lex says as he ushers you inside. You step in, watching the people bustling around, chatting and smiling. You're about to remove your coat.

"Here, let me."

Ever the gentlemen.

"Thank you." He slides it off your shoulder and you turn to him. His gaze trails over your body briefly. And you are fortunate for the room's lighting, because you hope it masks the redness in your cheeks at his stare.

"You look beautiful." His compliment only adds to the color.

"Thank you Lex."

"Mission accomplished." It's childish to mentally celebrate that, but you're glad.

"(Y/N)?" Clark's voice pulls you away, and you turn. "Hey Clark!" he laughs. 

"Woah, you look great." He compliments.