Chapter 12

"I was surprised he let you back into the mansion so quickly. " 

Lionel was persuasive when he needed to be, but Lex insisted that he didn't want to stay in the hospital. You didn't feel right leaving his side. Afraid that he'd be back in that hospital, or worse gone.

"Hey relax. I'm fine. All healed up."

"It's been about two weeks, Lex. There's no way you're already healed. " He smiles at you.

"Had to give it a shot."

He's heading towards his room, and you follow.

"I missed being in my own bed."

He says, turning back to you. He drops the bag he'd been holding. You still look bothered. Your biggest worry is how much he actually remembers. You want to know, but you're way too scared to ask such a question. If you see even a hint of fear from him, then it might break you.

"You're not a monster."

You finally meet his gaze.

"I'm not going to stand here and pretend that it didn't scare me to see you that way (Y/N)." 

You swallow. The tears are threatening to spill now.

"But that's only because I was sure that when you finally came to, you'd blame yourself. I couldn't let you go through that."

He was worried because of that?

"Aren't you scared I'll hurt you Lex, I'm dangerous!" The way he looks at you, it's like he expected the reaction.

"You'd never hurt me." He sounds so sure, and it just adds to your heartache.

"There is something I need to know. What you said at the hospital, did you mean it?"

"What I said.."

"I love you Lex."

You really hadn't expected him to remember or even hear that. It was sad that the only time you felt brave enough to tell him was when he was unconscious.

"You said that you love me." 

Lex is looking at you with such an intense gaze, and you can barely get your lips to move to admit or deny the confession. "Do you love me?" Your hands are trembling.

"I..I.." You look down. Lex takes your hand, with his right and lifts your head with his left.

"(Y/N) did you-"

"I love you!"

There, you said it.

"I love you Lex. It scares me because you're the first person I've ever felt this way about. My first kiss, my first boyfriend and I thought that maybe it's just my stupid childish mind that is producing fantasies in my head but I just..I can't pretend that I'm not in love with you. I just love you so much that it hurts sometimes. When you got shot I felt like I was going to die because I never told you and I just-"

He kisses you, silencing the insistent rant. This kiss is raw and filled with passion that shakes you to your core. You do your best to reciprocate. In a way, it's a bit of deja vu. He'd kissed you quite the same the first time. So hungry and desperate to show you that you weren't the only one affected by this. Once he departs, he's actively panting.

"I can't wait anymore (Y/N)." His labored tone, topped with the deepening of his voice has you all kinds of excited. But you're a bit lost, or possibly just dazed.

"Wait?.." 

You mutter.

He places a kiss on your cheek, then moves to your neck. It doesn't stop there. He keeps moving down your body, and you hold your breath when one of his hands trails up under your dress, caressing your thigh. His hand is replaced by his lips and you let out the breath with a moan. Your legs are struggling to remain steady.

"Lex.."

Your response is so shaky. He rises, eyes almost begging you. You need to exercise restraint. He was still recovering. As much as you wanted to, you needed him to heal.

"Trust me I..I want this just as much as you. But you're still healing. We can't Lex."

He sort of anticipates that reply, doesn't mean he has to be happy about it.

"Are you sure I can't persuade you otherwise? "

You close your eyes, shaking your head. Lex chuckles at your attempts to remain firm. He knows you want this just as much as he does. "I guess I have no choice in the matter." When you open your eyes you pout.

"You didn't even put up a fight." Lex lets out a laugh.

"You really are something else." He leaves another kiss on your cheek, and as he's pulling back, his eyes twinkle. "I love you (Y/N)." Your heart warms.

"I love you more Lex Luthor."

You do, so much more.