01 - picture frames

"what, are you thinking of jumping off again?"

without looking back at him, she could already imagine his sneer. she huffs, annoyed, flipping him off as she remains staring out the window.

"if you so much as step foot on a bridge again, I'm throwing you in myself with a fucking anchor tied to your ankle."

this time, she couldn't be the bigger person. they were currently in the backset of Rindou's car. in the middle of a traffic jam on the bridge, they haven't moved a significant mile at all in the past half-hour.

apparently there's been a big accident up ahead, and also apparently, Hikari'd rather be in such a gruesome situation than be in another fight with Rin.

"you never miss the chance to bring that up, do you?" she glares, and of course he glares right back at her, arms crossed over his chest.

"that look on your face, what have you been thinking about?"

"fucking you, what else," she sarcastically says, looking away from him.

to be more specific, she was thinking about fucking him over. she hasn't been out of the penthouse in about two weeks ever since she was found from the ocean. she dismisses the memory before it starts to choke her up again—her stupidly realistic hallucination.

long story short, Rindou's been high alert and things changed. before the bridge incident, she was pretty much free to go wherever she wanted to—Ran's grave included—as long as Rindou approved of it.

but now, she's nothing different from a prisoner. he wouldn't let her go anywhere. luckily though, with her declining attitude towards the man, he had no choice but to take her out today for 'sunlight and sightseeing.'

it was the perfect time to escape. she'll start a new life somewhere somehow—it's at least what she tells herself—since anything would be better than wilting away in a desolate penthouse haunted by ghosts of their memories; all because Rin thinks he has to live on as Ran now.

"be careful with what you say," Rin grunts, hair bobbing as he sharply turns away from her.

what did I say again?

the girl's even forgotten she said something vulgar, all she cares about is that she was definitely escaping today.

+++

"...this is the sightseeing?" she blinks.

"and the sunlight," he nods in agreement, motioning for the open space before them.

both stood beside each other on the patio of the unexpectedly cozy, yet all the well luxurious house Rin brought her to. in front of her was the back lawn, a well-organized circular glass table beneath the shade of trees with two chairs on either side.

"this is your place?"

"yes, now come on," he impatiently says, walking ahead of her.

she remains rooted to her spot. somehow, she was quite shocked that Rin would even own a home like this, however what was more surprising is that the sightseeing he spoke of was still his own private residence.

the man sighs, turning around to tug her by her hand as he leads them to the chairs. admittedly, the sun was pleasant against her skin, and holding Rin's hand made her feel uncomfortably warmer. but she doesn't pull away, consciously resisting the urge to look down on their joint hands as she looks behind her and at the house.

she still hasn't been in the actual inside of it since the car brought them directly here, but from the glass sliding doors she could already see how lovely it is.