011. two down, one to go

ೃ⁀➷ ˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗
sirens, sirens
( teen wolf. s3A )

chapter eleven

chapter eleven.
two down, one to go

     "AUTOMATIC writing?"

After Alani's unexpected vision of whatever the hell that was, the group━━or rather, Stiles━━was feeling a lot more confident in his idea to grab the two girls and see what they could come up with.

Alani's vision hadn't exactly told them anything, but it had been something, and that counted in Stiles' books. He'd attempt to figure out what it could possibly mean later on when he had more time, but right now, they had the opportunity to see if Lydia had something hidden under her sleeve, too.

Seeing as one thing worked for Alani, Stiles opted to try and see whether something else may work for Lydia. His idea━━automatic writing. Something Lydia was clearly both hesitant and sceptical of.

Beforehand, Alani Mordor would've agreed with her━━automatic writing would never work on herself, she knew that without a doubt. In her head, on a constant repeat, she'd just be reminding herself that whatever she was supposed to doing should be automatic, hence the name. Alani guaranteed that if you put a pencil in front of her, she'd try to make something up; nothing would come to her automatically.

Yet, considering their current circumstances, for once, Alani couldn't see it hurting to try. They hadn't exactly expected the keys in the palms of their hands to work, either, had they? And, yet, it had. So, Alani kept quiet.

Despite Lydia's downplay of wanting to participate in Stiles' idea, the tall boy nodded firmly, adamant in his plan. Alani had to give him credit for that━━she'd have given up years ago.

It seemed Lydia had come to a similar conclusion as Alani had before━━there was no harm in trying. Puffing out her lips in exasperation, she grabbed the pencil from Stiles' grasp, before looking down to the page below her expectantly, like there was going to be some form of answer written there for her, waiting for her. If only it was as simple as that.

Immediately, the strawberry blonde got to work. They had given her a little room to work━━Cora was perched in a seat across from their table that was being used; Alani's face was scrunched against her palm and back hunched over as she watched on the same table; and Stiles was hovering seamlessly like an annoying fly that just didn't want to give up. They all perked up a little as they watched Lydia's hand movements, the pencil gliding across the page in elegant strokes and swirls, eventually creating a picture.

Alani frowned━━a picture? She thought this was supposed to be automatic writing, not drawing. Instantly, the blonde looked up at Stiles, awaiting for his reaction or some form of answer, something she found herself doing as of late. She needed to remind herself not to be so dependant on these people.