016. running with wolves

ೃ⁀➷ ˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗
sirens, sirens
( teen wolf. s3A )

chapter sixteen

chapter sixteen.
running with wolves

WHEN Alani entered the hospital behind the rest of the group, she had to pause in her step just for half a millisecond to compose her surroundings. People were everywhere━━there was not one place that didn't have someone doing something. Several people were appointed behind the front desks, scrapping pieces of paper around, trying to find the right information; there were others bustling about the hallways, white coats sailing a second behind their physical bodies as they tried to keep up with them; and patients moving from one room to the other as they were instructed to do so, an attempt to cater to all that they could.

Voices mingled in with one another until no word of English rang through Alani's ears. The storm only continued to further damage such a place of need━━the lights above them would flicker on and off every now and again, encasing them all in complete blackness for momentary seconds, forcing the inhabitants to pause what they were doing so no one else got hurt in the process.

Alani may have paused for a moment too long. Her eyes flickered about the building, looking for someone familiar when she spotted them all beginning to walk around a corner. Footsteps hurried, she rushed to cat h up with them before she would lose any further sight of them. Now definitely was not the time to go off plan. There was simply too much at stake.

As the blonde reached the group, making sure to stay behind and try not to interfere more than necessary, a voice called out behind them, exclaiming Scott's name. They each turned around, only to find Melissa McCall's figure jogging breathlessly towards them. Alani couldn't begin to imagine the weight that must be on the woman's shoulders just on that night alone. With how busy it was then, she wouldn't ever want to be in the woman's shoes. "What are you doing?" she questioned her son, her voice a little out-of-breath from having rushed around the entire hospital building itself. "The hospital's evacuating."

Scott motioned behind himself at the rest of the group. Alani didn't want to know what they looked like to an outsider━━an older male, forcefully holding that of an seemingly-innocent high school English teacher, and two very-much-on-edge teenagers, one holding a somewhat pathetic excuse for a weapon. "We're here for Cora."

"What?" Melissa questioned, her eyes finally leaving her son's figure to trail along to everyone else. "All of you?" Beforehand, a look of concern was clearly plastered across her features at the prospect of her son and his friends getting meddled up with something else she really wished wasn't possible. But, when she gaze landed on Stiles Stilinski, she grew confused. Her head tilted slightly sideways in thought. "Why does Stiles have my bat?"

     Looking down at the said bat hanging limply from the boys side, Alani shrugged. "Precaution." At her hushed words, Stiles' head snapped back to the blonde's, and a look crossed his features that she couldn't really make out.