020. back to you

ೃ⁀➷ ˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗
sirens, sirens
( teen wolf. s3A )

chapter twenty

chapter twenty.
back to you

ALANI didn't really want to go to Derek's loft for more answers she was sure would only send them round on another wild goose chase, but Stiles had given herself and Lydia a task whilst he was stuck with a pretentious douche bag. If Stiles said going to see Derek was the right thing to do━━which she knew, considering she'd been there when Peter had told the two teens about the story of a younger Derek━━then she'd do it.

But, it seemed Stiles wasn't going to be the only one stuck with a pretentious douche bag.

Upon their arrival, both Alani and Lydia found themselves face-to-face with Peter Hale as he opened up the loft doors. Alani had only sighed in exhaustion, but Lydia seemed taken aback. At first, the blonde wasn't quite sure what the look shared between the two of them could've meant, but then she remembered when Stiles had told her everything that had happened to each of them from the very beginning. It was Peter who had bitten Scott, successfully turning all the lives of those involved completely upside down. And, when they thought they'd seen the last of Peter, he had been the one to torment Lydia into bringing him back. Alani wasn't sure if the two had seen each other since, but based on the tension surrounding the small group, she concluded she'd rather not know.

Thankfully, they didn't have to endure such a pain for very long━━at least, not to that extent, anyway. Peter had reluctantly let the two girls into the loft, showing them Derek by the back wall, eyes furrowed as confusion sweeped through him. It wasn't often people paid him a visit, let alone it being Lydia Martin and Alani Mordor; it made him wonder what they could be doing there, needing to see him.

So, Lydia got to work. She explained what had happened between herself, Alani and Stiles back at school just short of an hour ago━━searching for Morell, finding out about her disappearance, and coming up with a theory that may actually hold some truth behind it.

During her talking, Alani decided to stay silent. Whilst she kind of understood what was going on, this was all still new to her. Sure, it was somewhat new to the others, too, but they had been through situations against the supernatural before, having to solve puzzles and answer questions they'd never even thought about before. She didn't want to chime in only to say something that would confuse them or set them down on the wrong path.

And something about all of this screamed wrong path.

She wasn't sure why she had been seeing the same tree as Lydia, but she knew it had to have meant something... even if it did creep her out.

Except, this path almost seemed like a dead one, too. After Lydia had explained they needed to find the exact location of such a specific tree, Peter had denied them, explaining how they didn't know of its whereabouts because someone had taken the memory away from them in order to keep them safe. It brought a feeling of dejection through both girls.