013. an eerie teacher

ೃ⁀➷ ˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗
sirens, sirens
( teen wolf. s3A )

chapter thirteen

chapter thirteen.
an eerie teacher

    A few days had passed quickly without any of them really paying much attention since Alani Mordor found out some part of the truth as to what happened to Derek when he was younger. She was still at a lost for words after what she had learned━━but knew not to take it as the complete truth, since it was coming from the likes of Peter Hale. Alani still didn't trust the man, and she wasn't entirely sure she even would.

     Speaking of the younger Hale, Derek still hadn't shown up. Despite barely even knowing the man, she did feel worried for him. After everything he had been through, Alani would be surprised if he showed up at all. She wouldn't blame him━━she'd probably do the same if it was her. The Alpha pack had a personal vendetta against the poor man; kidnapping two of his Betas and his younger sister (who he previously assumed to be dead), before murdering the former two. The people around him were slowly dwindling down━━they had been ever since he met Paige Krasikeva. Since then, it had only seemed to get worse.

     Nothing else had really happened in those few days. No more bodies had turned up randomly, having been so brutally sacrificed through some strange ritual; and the Alpha pack hadn't been heard from for a while, either. Alani tried her hardest not to seem so hopeful that maybe things had just simply stopped. Maybe the Alpha pack had decided to leave, not wanting to make more fuss than they already had, and maybe whoever was committing these sacrifices had committed enough. 

     She should've known it was too good to be true.

     That's just the way it worked in Beacon Hills.

     As the blonde teen was watching TV, barely paying it any attention (she had just randomly picked the first channel she could find━━she originally only wanted it on for background purposes; now, her eyes couldn't seem to leave the screen, whether or not she understood what was happening, regardless), Lydia had phoned her. Alani's phone lighted up, spreading a bright light across her room and making her jump a little as her phone began to vibrate on the table beside her. A picture of herself and Lydia popped up━━one the blonde girl had been forced to take. It was just the two of them; Lydia smiling brightly, eyes crinkling and smile huge; whereas Alani managed to force a happy expression on her face━━it was clear she didn't want to take the photo in the first place, but she wouldn't admit that just looking at it now made her feel happy.

     Her friend had sounded frantic when she phoned her━━panicked breathing down the receiver, rushed words like she was desperate to reach the end. As Alani told her to calm down, to talk slowly so she could eventually understand her, Lydia had begged her to meet her at the school━━having already asked the same of Allison. Lydia had ended up driving to the school during such a dark night without even realising, exactly as she had done when Alani had been with her. Remembering what happened last time, the blonde was quick to reassure her friend that she'd be there as soon as she could.