021. not gonna lose me

ೃ⁀➷ ˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗
sirens, sirens
( teen wolf. s3A )

chapter twenty one

chapter twenty one.
not gonna lose me

SO, a plan was in motion.

Lydia was to go with Ethan in the hopes of saving Derek's life; Scott, Allison and Isaac were going back to Allison's to get something of her dad's; and Alani and Stiles were going to his place to get something of Noah's.

After a brief call of Stiles questioning whether his dad's boxers would have enough of a scent for Scott to catch, they were off. The two teens allowed the silence to envelop them, enshrouding them in nothing but negative thoughts and what if's. Alani sat still, eyes not daring to move from their spot on the road, watching the world go by. Houses passed them, and Alani couldn't help but wonder what their inhabitants were doing right then. Those people didn't have a care in the world━━at least, not like those knowing and involved within the supernatural world did━━and the blonde reminisced what that once felt like.

"You doing okay?" Stiles questioned her, tearing her away from her thoughts. She looked over at him, noticing his eyes already trained on her figure, concern laced within each iris.

A scoff left the blonde's lips, shaking her head gently before looking back out the window. "I should be asking you that question." Her words were quiet when she spoke them, almost inaudible, but Stiles had been around Alani Mordor for a while now, and knew when he needed to listen out a little more.

The boy looked back to the front of the road, just for a split second, wanting to make sure they wouldn't crash, before letting his eyes fall back on the girl next to him. "You seem more shaken up about it than I do."

There was a pause, hanging limply between them, before Alani gave Stiles a proper answer. She had to decide whether she wanted to confess the truth to him━━because speaking the truth out loud made it all the more real, and that scared her. "I just━━" she stopped, clearing her throat and forcing her words to come out louder, more confident, "I just watched you die, by my own hands, and there was... nothing... for the next sixteen hours. I━━" she stops again, hesitant. It would be her last chance to turn back, to leave the truth hidden with the dark crevices of her mind. But, all it took was one reassuring look from Stiles, and everything unravelled. "Don't do that to me again, please. Not you. I can't━━I can't lose you."

They let the blonde's words linger in the air for a couple a seconds, and Alani wondered if she never should've voiced her true feelings out loud, wishing she could immediately take them back. She had only really just met these people━━Stiles━━and yet here she was, confessing that he meant a lot to her, and him dying would simply tear the girl apart.