chapter 39- Implant

Bucky's pov- 

"White wolf!!!" Shuri shouted, bringing me in for an overdue hug. I laughed, pulling her small body into mine. "How's my favorite geek?"

"Hey!" Shuri poked my side, "I'm not a geek! Not in a conventional way at least." We laughed as I guided her to the operating room Bruce had set up. "In here." 

We walked through just as Wanda laid Y/n down on the table. Her powers lowering her softly. I looked at her stilled body. The young girl I had protected and cared about all these years was in so much pain. Yes, Y/n had siblings and family. She had Pietro and Wanda. But she was like a sister to me. Not only had I lost Steve to HYDRA, but I was slowly losing Y/n all over again.

"Alright. Administering the IV," Bruce said, placing the needle in the crook of her elbow. Anesthesia flowed through, lulling her back into a deep sleep before she could stir. 

"May I have a look at the brain scans?" Shuri asked, earning a nod from Bruce as he pulled up a monitor. I zoned out, looking at Y/n's face as the two doctors conversed. She looked fake. Like if she was an antique that had been set up for display. Her face was devoid of color. Her limbs were still, set in a certain place. She looked like a porcelain doll. 

"And what is that?" Shuri pointed to a small spec on the film, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

Everyone started to walk out. But the four of us stayed rooted in our place. Wanda, Pietro, Loki, and I. "We're not leaving," Loki exclaimed, leaning against the wall. 

Bruce nodded, "This might not be pretty-"

"Just start." I snapped, standing beside Loki. Shuri nodded, snapping on some gloves, "Let's get her back to herself."

*7 hours later*

I still stood by Loki, watching the live video as Bruce operated. Wanda was now leaning into her brother. Pietro standing at the foot of Y/n's bed. Shuri didn't have time to do what she did to me. So they did it manually. Bruce drilled a small hole into the back of Y/n's head. Searching through her brain. I had no idea what they were looking for. 

Suddenly Shuri stopped, "What the hell is that?"

We all looked up, seeing what she was. On the screen was a small silver object. "What is that?!" Pietro questioned, causing Wanda to straighten as she woke up. 

"Let me uh, hand me that Dr. Banner." Bruce did as she said, prompting her to slip in another tool as she simultaneously clicked on another screen. 

Suddenly stats appeared. Her name. Her height and weight. Her oxygen levels and her location. All from the little chip in her brain. "When the hell did that get there?"

"It looks old." Shuri answered, slowly looking to me, "I'd say at least ten years."

"Well, what does it do?!" Pietro shouted, Wanda instantly placing a hand on his shoulder so he would calm down. 

"It seems to be transmitting her vital signs and coordinates." Shuri looked to us, "This isn't her giving up on life. This is HYDRA."

// 

Hours later and Shuri had finally taken out the implant. Y/n was resting on an infirmary bed. Only the same four of us were allowed in. She again looked like a display doll. Even when I called her doll, I never wanted her to look like one. I wanted my old doll back. 

I felt a hand squeeze mine. Looking up I saw her y/e/c. Those beautiful eyes. She gulped, "Steve?" Everyone's heads snapped towards hers. "Where's Steve?" Her voice was rough. We all looked around, sharing glances as I spoke to the raven-haired god beside me, "Water." Loki nodded, getting up quickly as he handed her a glass of water. 

She took a long drink, downing it all. She took a deep breath, "My head hurts." Wanda chuckled, pulling Y/n's hand as she tried to touch the bandage on her head. "It will for a while."

She looked around the room, eyeing me before turning to everyone else, "Can you give me and Bucky some privacy?" They all nodded, Wanda, giving me a side hug, kissing my head, before she followed them all out. 

"Doll? What's wrong?" 

She looked at me with the gleam I hadn't seen in days. "I wanna look for him..." A tear slipped down her cheek, "I wanna look for Steve."

//

A/n: Ahhhh! Only a few chapters left. I'm not excited for the end but I am excited to have this little plot twist. 

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote!!