Chapter 24- repercussions

*two years later*

I stood at the entrance of the compound, looking up at the bright lights and bussing amount of people.
A car had dropped me off in front,
my mission; eliminate Steve Rogers.
I didn't know who this man was or what he had done to hydra. But it wasn't my place to know. I was merely a pet, a plaything, a tool of hydra's.
I didn't know who I was or what my purpose was besides to kill.

I checked underneath my dress, feeling the gun against my thigh. My dress was a velvet grey, that split on each sides of my thigh for easier access to weapons.
I heard an almost screeching noise in my ear as I tapped the comm system in my ear.
"What the hell? You know that's in my ear right?"
I said with my thick Russian accent.

"Just stay focused 143, you know your target, you know the consequences if you don't comply, complete the mission."
I heard the comm system cut out, knowing I could only use it for emergencies.
They called me '143' I guess not wanting to give me the value of a name.

I sighed as I held my head tall, walking into the party. There was a man at the front checking invitations. Luckily for hydra, they were able to get one. I made it to the front, hanging the security my invitation.
He looked at me smiling, as he nodded opening the door to let me through.
'Thank god these people are stupid' I thought.

As I walked in the party was huge. People covering each level of the room. One level had a pool table and a bar, while the other showed off awards and had a place to lounge. I knew what my target looked like, hydra had shown me a picture before I was sedated and sent out.
I spotted him talking to a blonde man with a hammer. He patted him on the back and made his way up the stairs to the second level. I grabbed a glass of wine, also making my way up trailing a little farther behind him so he wouldn't see me.

I stayed by the railing, watching him walk into a long hallway, seeing the sign above read 'residence'
He scanned a card, the light turning green as the door unlocked.
Shit, hydra didn't say anything about that.
I scanned the room looking for anyone with a keycard. Bingo, a redhead woman stood at the bar, a card stuck out of the pocket on her dress.
I made my way over to the bar. I stood out of sight for a few moments before swiping the card from her.

I almost had it out before she grasped my hand, pulling me toward her. As she looked at my face her skin paled, her eyes widened. It looked like she had seen a ghost.

"Y/n?!" She said, almost yelling.
Before I could run a man turned his head, pulling his attention to us. His eyes went wide also as he shot up out of the chair, "y/n is that really you?!"

I knew my cover was blown, but I didn't know who they were talking about. Who was y/n and why were they calling me that.
"I don't know who that is." I said before I pulled my arm from the redheads grip, making my way out to the front where I had been dropped off.

Before I could call my contact I heard the same people shouting at me. I turned around, only seeing more this time.
A man with a hammer ϟ
A man holding a glass of champagne ⎊
A woman with short red hair and a white dress ⧗
A man with brown hair, and a metal arm ✪
A woman with strawberry blonde hair ᗢ
And a man with blonde hair and blue eyes ⍟
I knew him as my target.

They all looked so familiar, I couldn't tell why. The man with the blonde hair; apparently Steve Rogers, looked at me with such sorrow in his eyes.
I couldn't tell why, these people didn't know me and I didn't know them.

"Please y/n..where are you going?!" The man with the metal arm yelled.
I pulled the guns from my holsters, one in each hand. I clicked off the safety as I held it to them.

"Y/n we can talk about this!" The woman with the strawberry blonde hair said as a red energy engulfed her hands.

"Y/n what happened?" My target; Steve Rogers, asked.
I looked around at them frantic.
"My name is not y/n! I don't know who any of you are!"
The man with the metal arm walked out from behind Steve as he held both his arms out to me.
"Buck what the hell are you doing?!" I heard the redhead whisper.
"Just trust me okay?" He said back as he kept getting closer and closer to me.

"Stay back!" I yelled.
But he didn't listed. I knew what I had to do, I had to report I was compromised.
He kept getting closer as I holstered one of my guns. I kept one of them as I tapped the comm system in my ear.
The mans eyes widened as he tried to walk a little faster.

"это 143, я скомпрометирован"
(This is 143, I'm compromised)

He went to knock the gun out of my hand as an electricity spread throughout my body from my neck. I knew this was it. I failed my mission, which meant I was a liability to hydra. And when hydra has a leak, they close it.

I could feel my body being caught by Steve, as the man with the metal arm tried to find where the current was coming from.
Before my eyes closed I looked at both of them, seeing their worried faces above me. I spoke the three words I had been taught over and over for as long as I could remember, which wasn't long.

"Hail...hydra." I muttered before everything went black.