chapter 30- labels

It's been three months since I came home. Everyone was happy. Me and Loki were best friends. Like when you have a gay best friend that you talk about boys with and eat ice cream all night. It felt nice, you know being normal.

It seemed like almost everyone was a couple. Except a few people. Natasha and Thor broke up. Almost broke my heart when she told me. But now her and Bucky are together. They're cute but intense sometimes.

Vision and Wanda are still together. They're three year anniversary was yesterday. I almost cried when Vision took them on an ice cream date in the park. Too cute.

Pietro has been seeing someone. He won't tell me who but i'm pretty sure she's one of the recruits we've been training.

Tony and Pepper got engaged last month. He set it up on the roof of the compound. A wine dinner with rose petals and fairy lights. Cliche but gorgeous nonetheless.

And then there's me and Steve. I'm not sure what we are. We kiss, watch movies together. Train together and even got caught in Bruce's lab once by Pietro. That was not an exciting talk.

But we haven't put a label on anything. I'm somewhat glad though. After everything i've been through. I need to have a choice.

"AGAIN!!" Steve shouted, standing up as he let go of my pinned arms.

I groaned, standing up. "Come on Steve. I'm tired and I want to sleep." His blue eyes stared at mine, smirking.

"How about one more round and we can sleep. Come on."

I groaned, getting into position. I was tired and I wanted to relax. We had been at it all day. I never complained about spending time with Steve. Even if it was something stupid like going to get poptarts with him for Thor. But I hated training. Almost as much as I hated fighting him. He said I wasn't hurting him but...I didn't believe that.

With a kick I landed a swift hit into his side before spinning around and bending his knee with my foot. He fell to the ground, looking back at me before attempting a punch.

I ducked, smiling as I used my powers to lift him in the air, slide under him and pin him with my knees.

Steve groaned, coughing. "Alright baby. Were done. We're definitely done."

I laughed, extending a hand to help him up. He brushed a hand through his sandy blonde hair. "I thought we said no powers?"

"And I thought you said we could get food?"

Steve smirked, pulling me into him by the waist.
"You know I never complain about that." And without warning his lips met mine, both of ours moving in sync as I backed him into the arena ropes.

"When I meant food y/n, this isn't exactly my meaning." I laughed, resting my forehead against his hard chest.
"You spend too much time around Tony." He shrugged, stroking my cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"Probably."

Pushing off of him I jumped down, gathering my stuff before he followed me from the training room.
I could tell there was something bothering him. He's a quiet person, yes. But not this quiet. Not with me.

"Steve." I stopped in the hall right before we got to my room. "What's wrong?"

I made it a rule not to read his mind. He was a private person. That and It wasn't my right to know something before he would tell me. He knew if i wanted to know something, I would. No reason to hide it.

Steve took a deep breath, fidgeting with the strap of his gym bag.

"I've liked you for a long time." I nodded, listening to the super soldier in front of me. "Three years to be exact." His hand rested on my neck, his thumb stroking my cheek again.

"Your beautiful and strong and intelligent. You make my world light up when your around." I could see the tears in his eyes coming up, mirroring mine.

"I don't want you to feel trapped. I know you've been enclosed in different ways your whole life so if you say no...I'll understand."

"Say no to what, Steve?"

He took another breath, moving a little closer to me. Both of his hands rested on my neck, extending to the back of my hairline.

I laid mine on his shoulders, playing with his baby blue t-shirt.
Steve smiled, looking down at me.

"Y/n, will you be my—"

"CODE RED, CAP!" Tony came running around the corner. Steve groaned, pulling away from me.
"What?! What is so important?!" Steve snapped, surprising both of us.

Tony's suit quickly formed around his body, "Oh nothing. Just Hydra agents downtown. Might need help on that one."

My eyes went wide, immediately pressing the button on my bracelet as a black nano-tech suit covered my body. I started to run after Tony when Steve grasped my arm lightly, "Wait, y/n!"

"What's wrong?" I asked, holding his hand in mine.

"This is hydra." I saw his adam's apple bobbed up and down. "You don't have to face them."

I nodded, looking down before meeting his eyes, "I need to at some point Steve. I can do this." I assured him, wrapping a hand around his neck.

He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. "Please don't leave me y/n. I cant loose you again, baby."

"Hey," I pulled him face to face. His eyes looking right into mine. "I'm not leaving. I'm not leaving you."

Steve's lips met mine just lightly. A loving kiss between us making the world disappear for a moment.
We finally parted as he took my hand in his.

"Let's go get these motherfuckers."
I gasped, smacking his hard chest, "Steven!!" His brows creased, "What?"

"Language!!" I smiled, pulling him to the quinjet.
________________

A/N: Hi! i'm so sorry this book hasn't been updated in months! I'm officially writing it again!

I got inspiration and y'all deserve to have at least one book finished by me.