chapter 4- mission complete

she woke up to a shuffling sound coming from the pull out bed the soldier was sleeping on. like he was having a seizure in his sleep.
she climbed out of bed and walked over to hover him
trying to wake him up.
she knew he wasn't having a seizure, she knew what was wrong, she had been going through this for years. nightmares.

she tapped him on the shoulder trying to wake him from his resting hell.

"hey wake up." she repeated a few times whispering.

she tried to shake him, but nothing worked. he was still hurting, she could tell.

she shook him one last time in attempt to wake him. she shot up and grabbed her neck with his arm.

she couldn't breathe. she got enough strength in her voice to mumble, "please, l-let me go."

there was nothing in his eyes, no character, nothing.
she started to feel weak and stop clawing at his arm
when she saw something in him change, a light in his eye.

he let go of her. his eyes now sorrowful.

she fell to the ground grasping her throat for air. she knew she already had bruises, this would make it worse.

she sat next to his bed crying, still trying to obtain her breath.

"oh- oh my god." she said between wheezing.

he just looked at her, his metal arm still partly in the air.
he knew she was scared of him, that everyone was.

"i-i'm sorry." he mumbled, trying to understand why he felt such a need to let her go.

"it's okay. let's just get ready for the mission."
she assured weakly, getting up to change.

she moves to the bathroom, changing into the suit hydra had made for her. thank god it had a long neck and mask. or else everyone would see the discolored marks on her neck.

she walked back out to see the soldier sitting up in bed, alone in his thoughts

"you ready?" she asked, her voice still hoarse.

he looked up at her, blank for a moment before speaking.

"yes"
was all he said.

she nodded and grabbed her gun, fitting it in her holster, an strolled out the door. the soldier following not far behind.

they jumped into the car they were given for the mission and headed to the target.

she say silently, reading over the file. she didn't know what this man had done or didn't do to find this fate. but it must've been something bad enough to get on hydra's radar.

the drive was short, they pulled into an apartment complex.

their mission was to shoot the man in his apartment.
he was rich but hydra had a suspicion he was dealing arms from this location.

they both walked in the apartment across from his, watching him through the window, pacing around.

the soldier set up a SVD-63 on the window seal, attaching the muffler and a round of bullets.

she watched him get ready as she listened through the monitors they had bugged in his apartment.

"on my count." she stated, telling the soldier.

he nodded, staring into the scope, waiting for her order to fire.

she could hear the target talking, saying something she couldn't really make out.

it all came through very distorted, but in the end she heard the words,"get her back before it's too late."

she knew it was something important, but they had a mission, and she was going to make sure they finished it.

"five, four, three, two, one...now!"

the soldier pulled the trigger, not making any noise due to the silencer.

she saw a blood spatter on the window, they had completed their mission.