Chapter 25- underestimated

My eyes opened slowly. I could see a bright light above me, and I could feel the soft bed below me. I tried to sit up as something held my wrists back.
Handcuffs.
Whoever these people were didn't want me going anywhere, they wanted me to answer for what i did, or tried to do.
But I couldn't help but wonder why I wasn't dead.
Hydra was supposed to eliminate me after a failed mission, that's how it worked.

Of course the people who had taken me weren't very smart. I ripped the chain from the bed, breaking off the connection between the cuffs with my strength.
'Damn, these people underestimated me' I thought.
I ripped the other one as I sat up. I was no longer in my suit, but a white tank top and grey sweatpants.
I needed to find my suit and get the hell out of here.

I sat up, seining my legs over the side of the bed. Placing my hand on my neck, I could feel the implant hydra gave me still embedded. I looked around for something sharp to cut it out. As I was rummaging through the drawers in my room I pulled the last one open...bingo! scalpels and IV kits.

'Oh yeah smart, keep the sharp things in the room your keeping a hydra agent' I thought.

I brushed it off as I went to the mirror in the bathroom attacked to the room. I pulled my hair to the other side of my neck and I felt around the implant. I knew hydra would get wind of me being alive and all. So I knew what I had to do. I finally found the small metal chip. I dug the scalpel into my neck, blood immediately gushing. I knew they had places the implant somewhere near a major artery, so I had to get it out and fast before I bled to death. I sat the scalpel down as I felt around inside my neck for the implant. I had been looking for I'm sure more than a few minutes when my fingers finally touched the cool metal. I pulled it out, a thin circular chip released from my neck.
I threw it onto the counter as i could see my neck still bleeding. I walked back into the main room, finding some lap pads in a drawer. I packed them onto the wound as I figured I'd need more help than this. I didn't want to but I knew I had no other choice. It was this or die of blood loss. I held the compress on my neck as I pushed the door open, trying to find someone to help me.

I walked around the building for a while before hearing muffled voices coming from down the hall. They seemed to be arguing. The voices got closer and closer, before I knew it I was standing at the door watching them shout at each other.

"You don't know what happened in there!" The man with the metal arm yelled towards the blonde.

"WELL APPARENTLY IT WAS SOMETHING YOU COULD'VE PREVENTED!" He yelled back, like he was blaming the other men for something. Before I could say something, the woman with strawberry blonde hair turned toward the metal armed man.

"Look I know you don't remember much. It was two years ago James, but she's our sister, we need to know what happened."

Hmm, his name was James. Why did it sound so familiar. He looked familiar too.

I ignored my gut feeling, already seeing the blood dripping from my neck. I walked a little farther into the room as I cleared my throat so they would know I was there.
Their reactions were almost priceless. The blonde mans eyes widened as he started to rush over to me. The man I now knew as James covered his mouth as he blinked back the tears. The strawberry blonde woman also rushed over to me with another man with white hair.

However I don't blame them, I'm sure I was a sight to see. Handcuffs still around my wrists, blood soaked clothes, and a small lap pad at the moment holding in my life.

"I'm gonna need an explanation but first can someone help me not bleed to death?" I snapped at the man in front of me. A medium sized man with glasses rushed over to me also, pulling the pad from my neck as it started to bleed faster.
"What the hell happened?!" He yelled, pulling me down the hall, back to the room. Almost everyone followed, it kind of creeped me out..not lying.

"Do you want hydra to kill me? Because that's what would've happened if I kept that stupid chip in my neck." I exclaimed.

They all looked at me with different reactions. Sorrow, regret, guilt. But the one that struck me the most was the blonde man in front of me, his eyes radiating concern.

The man with the glasses managed to stop the bleeding and stitch up my neck. He bandaged it and gave me some pain medicine. They removed the remaining parts of the cuffs off of my wrists as most of them left. All that remained was the blonde man: Steve. The metal armed man: James. And the strawberry blonde woman standing beside a man with white hair.
I had my head down but I could tell they were staring at me.

"Are you going to keep staring at me or do I need to kick one of you in the throat." I said, my thick Russian accent making the threat a little more intense.

They all looked at me sympathetically, but with a tinge of fear.
The woman spoke first, "do you remember us?"

I looked at her, trying to place her in my mind, I couldn't. "No. I honestly don't even know who I am, let alone where I am or who you are." I answered.
I could tell that wasn't what she wanted to hear by her reaction.

"What do you remember?" The man James asked me.

I sighed deeply, picking at my nails, getting nervous.
It was a little while before I actually spoke.
"I know my name is 143, or at least thats what they call me. I remember screaming at someone--" The same man looked at me with even more sadness in his eyes.
"Well actually I think I was yelling for someone."
The man Steve gave a quick look to the man James behind him, before looking back at me.
"I also remember a lot of tests. I remember not being able to move, and syringes. Like they were draining something from me, but replacing it with this red liquid."
I finally looked up at them, they looked even more despaired if that was possible.

The blonde man spoke first,"your name is y/n Maximoff. You were rescued a few years ago before being taken again with Bucky." He pointed to the man behind him. "You've been gone for two-almost three years."
He stopped, giving me time to process the information. "So My name isn't 143?" I asked.
The woman walked up to me, placing her hand in mine.
"No your name is y/n. I'm your sister, he's your brother." Signaling to the man behind her."your from Sokovia. We grew up together until the age of 10 when hydra took us." She looked in my eyes, trying to see if I remembered any of what she was saying.

I could feel the tears coming up, I held them back as I was trained to show no emotion. "I'm sorry, I don't remember." I said, she placed her head in her hands as the blonde man squeezed my shoulder in an attempt of comforting me.
The man I learned to be James stood up from behind Steve as he hesitated before speaking..

"I think I might know someone who could help."