Come to the land of the lost and lonely

Athanasia was... reincarnated. Twice.

Yeah, sounds weird. She lived through all of this before. And more.

Being born in the Ruby Palace. Hated and scorned by all the maids.

She had seen first-hand how terrible the world could be.

Like a child, she believed that someone would come save her.

(That her father would come save her.)

But no, that foolish belief led to her death.

If that was how she was treated as a princess (a forgotten one, mind you, but still a princess), how were the children in the streets?

Were they as sad? As hurt?

She wouldn't stand for it.

So, when she was reborn, she stood and learned as quickly. She became studious, quick, agile.

A weapon.

Not to harm, but to protect.

(There's a major difference.)

But most importantly, learned how to sew. How to mend. How to heal.

After a while of hoarding supplies, it was done.

(I mean a long while.)

She had a sword. (No one knew who she was if she covered her eyes, so she just waltzed out the palace and bought one.)

A costume. (After a bunch of investments in magic proof leather and bleeding thumbs.)

And a motive.

She had waited so long for this moment. 14 years of staying under the radar of the emperor, of growing.

Silently, the princess slipped out of her window. The Ruby Palace.

Into the night, she fled to the city.

She felt alive.

Athanasia never felt so fulfilled. Stopping small crimes, and helping children like her. Whether it's providing food, or coin.

But there was a little problem.

That problem being Claude De Alger Obelia, her father.

The person Athanasia was currently sitting in front of, awkwardly sipping tea.

"It feels like flowers are blooming in my mouth." The princess decided to try and break the tension, complimenting the tea.

The man simply raised an eyebrow before looking away. Rude.

She doesn't know how this happened. Athanasia woke up to Lillian scrambling around her room.

"Lillian? Are you okay?"

The poor woman looked like she was about to have a panic attack, yet she smiled faintly.

"His highness has taken an interest in you.." Lillian's voice came out shakily. Cold hands grasped Athanasia's hands, grip clammy and weak. "He noticed your studies."

The princess frowned at the memory. Taking initiative once again, Athanasia smiled. "Can I ask what you called me here for, Your Majesty?"

"I've noticed your studies. I was wondering why."

...

What?

"Pardon?" 

"You have no reason too. Is it a love of knowledge?"

No, it's because I'm picking up the slack and helping your people. "I suppose."

"Father?"

Athanasia turned her head, seeing a meek girl poking her head into the room.

"Jennette." Claude's voice immediately softened, only by a tiny bit.

The girl smiled, before peering curiously over in Athanasia's direction. "Who is this?"

"She-"

"I'm no one." Athanasia cut off Claude, frowning. "Am I interrupting your time with your daughter, Your Majesty? I apologize."

Claude frowned a bit, Jennette silently gasping. Standing up and performing a curtsy, Athanasia smiled. "I shall leave first."

Turning, the princess had to restrain herself from sprinting out the door. 

"Wait-"

Athanasia did not wait. As soon as she left the room, she sprinted away from the Garnet Palace.

She barely heard Jennette's next words. "Father, I have a favor to ask.."

But no. That doesn't matter.

~

"GET BACK HERE!"

Athanasia had immediately geared up and departed for the city.

None of the maids really cared, and the ones who did were aware of Athanasia's night hobby.

(Not many cared. Only Lillian, and she swore she wouldn't tell anyone.)

Currently, she was currently being chased around. 

"Can't catch me!" Athanasia smirked, climbing up a wall and sprinting across a rooftop.

She was nervous. Despite the facade of confidence, she really didn't want to get caught.

Claude would execute her. And you'd be a damn fool if you think she's gonna let that idiot execute her again.

Glancing down, Athanasia silently hissed. Most of the guard was down there, yelling and shouting at each other.

The kingdom's guard have been keen on catching Athanasia, something about how what she was doing being 'illegal'.

Well, sorry for helping people I guess.

Athanasia paused, seeing a child about to be trampled by the guard.

They looked like an orphan, someone living on the streets.

Cursing, the vigilante swooped down and scooped the kid off. The guard was shouting behind her, which she happily ignored.

"Hey, hey. Don't worry kid. It's gonna be okay."

Making a turn, Athanasia entered a alleyway.

It was shady and cool, but the calm aura was not to be underestimated.

The alley's of Obelia were not one to be messed with, as they were a labyrinth of trouble. 

Taking a sharp turn, Athanasia blinked. In front of her were a gang of criminals.

Athanasia frowned, about to turn around, when she heard shouting.

She was trapped.

Holding the whimpering child closer to her chest, Athanasia drew her sword with her free hand.

She was prepared to fight.

And then a black figure descended from the sky.