Don't be afraid, we'll be one big family

The black figure descended from the sky, crashing into one of the thugs. Standing up straight, he grinned and turned to Athanasia.

"Hello."

"And who's this punk!?" One of the gang members screeched out, clearly surprised and angry.

"Lucas." The man bowed down in a mock bow, smirking smugly. "Call me Lucas."

One of the gang members screamed, before charging at the man. Out of instinct, Athanasia dropped the child and rushed forward, defending the newcomer.

"Thanks." Lucas said gruffly. Nodding, Athanasia focused back on the fight.

Drawing her sword, Athanasia flew forward. Slashing and cutting anyone in her way, enough to damage but weak enough to prevent death.

She had morals, dammit.

Lucas had magic, apparently. Assisting the vigilante with bursts of fire randomly sprouting from the ground.

This would be great, had it not attract the attention of the royal guards.

When all the other goons had fallen, the last one screeched and ran towards Athanasia. She prepared a stance to block whatever attack he had prepared, before he ran past her.

Athanasia blinked, before turning back. The kid.

Blanching, Athanasia ran over and shielded the child with her body, taking hits directly. The princess winced.

That was going to bruise.

Turning around, Athanasia slashed her sword. The man fell to the ground, Lucas casually leaning against the wall.

"Thank you." Athanasia mumbled out. "You saved my skin."

"It's no problem." The man shrugged nonchalantly. "You looked like you needed help. I'd be a douche if I didn't."

Athanasia smiled- not that Lucas could see it, she had a mask over her face- before picking up the child. "As fun as this was, I need to get this kid to safety. I suppose I'll see you later."

Scaling the walls once again, Athanasia made it to the top of the alleyway before departing.

"Wonder who that was."

~

Athanasia was right. The blows the man had landed bruised her awfully.

Lillian fretted, as usual. Before a knock on her door was heard.

Shrugging on a long sleeved cardigan, Athanasia smiled. "Come in."

To her surprise, is wasn't one of the maids that despised her so. It was Felix.

She had only seen the man once or twice, the only reason she knows him is because he's the emperor's personal guard.

"Blessings upon the Obelian Empire." Felix bowed, before smiling. "I have been instructed to take you to the Emerald Palace."

"What?!"

"Pardon?"

Athanasia and Lillian spoke at the same time, both filled with different degrees of shock.

"Yep!" Felix nodded cheerfully. "The crown princess has ordered so!"

Lillian was making unfathomable noises, while Athanasia nodded quietly. "Understood. I shall pack."

"I will be waiting outside the palace."

Felix turned and departed, to which Lillian exploded.

"Princess! It's to dangerous! What if your 'night hobby' is discovered?! All the bruises from your outings?!"

"I will be fine, Lillian. Now please, help me pack."

Athanasia slowly stood, ignoring the pain in her back. Athanasia pulled out a suitcase, packing her meager belongings.

A few out of fashion dresses, a couple of accesories Lillian was nice enough to make for her, and a singular doll.

(Listen, it comforted her on bad days.)

Carrying the suitcase out of the palace, Felix blinked.

"Is that all?"

"Yes."

Felix paused for a bit, before nodding and taking Athanasia's luggage. Boarding the carriage, Athanasia was sat in front of Felix, Lily beside her.

Athanasia simply stared out the window, not wanting to make conversation. The scenery was really pretty, decked head to toe in lilies.

When they arrived, Athanasia exited the cage to be welcomed by Jennette.

"Hello!"

"Blessings upon the Obelian Empire."

Athanasia curtsied, ignoring Jennette's flinch. She doesn't need to pretend. Athanasia knows her place.

"You don't have to greet me like that.."

"I insist."

Rising up from her curtsey, Athanasia examined Jennette's face. She seemed conflicted.

"Come on.." Jennette regained her composure, smiling. "I'll show you to your room!"

Athanasia quietly followed, ignoring Jennette's attempts to make conversation with her.

In her past life, although it was a bit foggy, Athanasia remembers Jennette. She never cared before.

So this time it probably won't be any different.

"Here we are!" Snapping back to reality, Athanasia looked up to see that yes, they have arrived at Athanasia's room.

Jennette smiled brightly, a twinge of guilt striking Athanasia's heart. "My room is across the hall!"

Silently nodding, Athanasia opened up the doors to be revealed with a wonderfully decorated room.

"I didn't know what you would like, so I added a bit of everything.." Jennette laughed nervously, before beaming. "I'm so happy to have you here!"

Jennette rushed forward, catching Athanasia in a tight hug. Athanasia hissed in pain, tensing up.

Pushing Jennette off, Athanasia curtsied quickly. "Thank you for your generosity. I shall go unpack."

Jennette, obviously shocked, nodded dumbfoundedly. "We're having a welcome tea party later.."

Athanasia nodded, before entering the room and closing the door behind her.

Through the wood, Athanasia could hear Jennette talking to Lillian through the door.

"Is she okay?"

Athanasia wanted to cry. The hug had irritated the injury, and made the pain flare up.

"She's fine."

Athanasia crumpled to the floor, taking in a few breaths before standing.

She was perfectly fine.

"No, I don't think she is."

Have you tried NOT dying? | LucathyрдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ