Of Tragedy

Amaryllis was back at the Alpheus Manor, on the rooftop. What she wasn't expecting was a note tucked away in one of the shingles.

It was obviously written in a hurry, however the scrawl on the paper was neat. Amaryllis silently read over the paper, taking in the information on it.

Um.. hello.

I saw you, earlier. Yesterday.

This might be odd to request but

Help.

My father, something's wrong with him. He never drinks on the job, nor does he trust a complete stranger so quickly.

I've heard of your deeds around Obelia, so please.

Help.

Amaryllis was shocked. 

But the letter only strengthened her resolve.

They were all just children, who needed protecting. Who needed someone-

"Hey."

Amaryllis spun around, only to be met with Lucas. Visibly relaxing, Amaryllis smiled.

"Hello. What brings you here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

Lucas was quiet, which was odd. Amaryllis glanced at him quizzically. 

As if reading her thoughts, Lucas sighed. "I.. felt something bad. From this household. I just assumed you felt the same thing."

"Oh, no. I didn't, although now that I'm here I see what you mean."

That icky aura was still there. It must be really bad if Lucas wants to stop it.

"What did you come here for then?" Lucas quirked up a eyebrow, confused.

Amaryllis frowned, glancing back down at the note. "A child was in trouble."

"I see." Lucas snorted. "No matter. With us together we won't lose."

"You sound confident."

"It's because I am. Let's go."

Grabbing Amaryllis's arm, Lucas swung her through the window. Ijekiel was on the floor, bruise blooming across his cheek. Sir Alpheus glanced backward, sobering up. Amaryllis stood, picking off a few glass shards that was caught on her coat.

"Good evening." Amaryllis performed a mock-bow. "I'm here to take that boy over there away from here."

Hope blossomed in Ijekiel's eyes, while Sir Alpheus growled.

"And who are you supposed to be?"

Amaryllis kept a neutral expression on her face. "Amaryllis. Call me Amaryllis."

Out of the corner of her eye, Amaryllis noticed Lucas swinging in behind her. Ready to assist.

"Let's dance."

Launching forward, Amaryllis aimed for Ijekiel. Unfortunately, she slammed straight into Sir Alpheus, sliding in front of the boy last second.

Regaining her balance, Amaryllis backed up before charging again toward Ijekiel. Lucas summoned a column of fire, effectively blocking Sir Alpheus from blocking her way again. Amaryllis scooped up Ijekiel, the latter looking stunned. 

"You came." The boy whispered. "You actually came."

The vigilante nodded. "Of course. Who am I to deny assistance?"