We Are The Freaks

Athanasia gave Jennette a small smile- has Jennette ever seen Athanasia smile? -before climbing through the window.

"I apologize for showing up like this- oomph!"

Jennette slammed into Athanasia before the girl could utter another word, embracing her tightly. Tears were threatening to form and fall down Jennette's pale, porcelain cheeks.

"Idiot. Don't- Don't do that."

"Do what?"

Athanasia seemed genuinely baffled. Jennette leaned backwards, enough so Athanasia could see the brunette's face. "Disappear. Go poof. Turn into the night."

The blonde's face heated up. "I'm sorry. It wasn't exactly my decision."

"Wait, what?"

Oh boy, wasn't that the question of the century. 'Slow down, what the heck are you talking about?'

"Remember how you mentioned Sir Rogers to me? How you became good at bandaging because of him?" Athanasia recalled the conversation, wincing.

"Yes?"

"I may or may not have went and spied on him."

Jennette blinked, before her eyes widened. "What?!"

"Yes. And I found Ijekiel hurt."

"WHAT!?"

If Jennette was surprised before, she was absolutely shocked now. Grasping Athanasia's hand, she started to spew out her questions.

"Was he bleeding? Was anything broken? How bad was it? Is he in need of medical assistance? Is he-"

"Stop." Athanasia frowned, causing Jennette to pause her ramblings.

"I know, I'm sorry.. I'm just worried."

"And that's fair." Athanasia smiled- she was doing that a lot, lately. "But could we chat about that later? I have something to ask."

"Of course." Jennette's response came immediately- confident, and bravely.

Athanasia took a deep breath of air. "I need your help."

Jennette didn't push forward. She simply waited for Athanasia to finish speaking.

"Tell me, have you ever heard of black magic?"

~

The plan was set, and in motion.

In complete honesty, Athanasia didn't know what she was doing when she ran to Jennette for help. But now, they had the terrifying emperor on their side.

The quarter (Athanasia, Jennette, Lucas and Claude) were currently positioned in front of the Alpheus Manor.

It was awkward when Jennette burst into Claude's study to recruit him, but it all worked out in the end.

Lucas glanced over at Athanasia, the girl smiling at him in return.

They could do this.

Lucas was wearing a traditional wizard robe, with a few enchantments on it. He was sure that his potion he brewed would work.

Jennette wore an enchanted top and pants. Athanasia was hoping that she would bring Sir Alpheus back to his senses.

Claude wore regal wear. The same outfit that he had worn during her execution.

She wasn't going to tell that to him, however. It'd be odd.

And Athanasia was wearing her Amaryllis get-up. She removed the charm, so the bandana (cloth?) wrapped around her eyes was needed.