Chapter 14

It's Christmas Eve and I'm making dessert for tomorrow. I decided to do cheesecake, it's my family's favorite and Who doesn't like cheesecake?

Josh and I talked to our parents and they said we should do Christmas together, So it's going to be us, Josh's family, plus his brothers family, and my family, they also don't know we're together, so we figured we'd tell them about it tomorrow.

Currently it's 10am and Emma should be waking up pretty soon, she wanted to help me make the cheesecake and I said no since it would get done a lot quicker with me doing it, so I told her she could make something easy by herself.

She picked out these chocolate covered pretzel bite things, it's a pretzel with a Hershey's kiss in the middle. You put it in the oven until the chocolate starts to melt, then put a Christmas colored M&M on the melted Hershey's kiss and wait for it to cool.

It's easy and she can do everything by herself besides the oven part, so she's super excited about it.

She's taken a real liking to baking every since she watched a baking competition on the Food Network, so any opportunity to bake something she's all for it, and I do have to say at her age she's pretty good.

She comes in and eats her cereal then gets ready to do her pretzels.

About 50 pretzels later and she's all done. She did a really good job and she was so proud that she got to make something by herself, well not exactly by herself since she couldn't use the oven.

After we cleaned up everything we sat down and watched Christmas specials from when I was a kid. We watched all the old Nickelodeon Christmas episodes, SpongeBob, Fairly Odd Parents, and Rugrats.

Emma loves it when I show her something I loved when I was a kid.

We also watched holiday Baking champion, and holiday wars. She said she wants to be a baker when she grows up, so as one of her Christmas presents, I signed her up for a kids baking class and cake decorating class, there's a bakery down town that offers the classes. I can't wait to tell her about it.

I decide to text Josh to see what time he's coming later.

Me- Hey what time u coming later?

Josh💕- I'm coming around 5, I'm picking up food on my way

Me- Ok sounds good! Thank you 😘

Josh💕- you're welcome sweetheart😘

Whenever he calls me sweetheart I swear my heart skips a beat.

The afternoon goes by pretty quick, I did some last minute wrapping and watching Christmas movies, before we know it, it's time for dinner.

"Honey I'm home!" Josh said coming into the apartment.

I love how that has a meaning now instead of joking around.

"Daddy!" Emma said running to him.

I go over to the kitchen to say hi to Josh and get Emma's food set up. He releases Emma from their hug and comes over to me.

"Hi sweetheart" He said leaning down to kiss me.

God this man gives me butterflies.